my feature premieres in LA, June 2nd

Raafi Rivero

Hi EOSHD community,

I've been a daily reader and pretty regular commenter here over the past year, and wanted to share some exciting news. My first feature film will premiere at the LA Film Festival in two weeks! It's been a labor of love and a lot of work to get it to this point, so I'd love for any of you in the area to come out to the screening and to meet IRL. Here's a link for tickets, and the trailer's below. Also of note to readers is the many formats we used to shoot the film. Partly out of necessity, and at times for aesthetic reasons we ended up shooting on at least 5 different cameras and formats: Canon C500 4k Raw, RED, C500 HD, full-frame Canon DSLR, Panasonic GH4, and even iPhone :)

Let me know if you can make it!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Congrats man! Hope it goes well for you. Trailer looked great, seems like you got some great performances. Song choice was spot on and the story strikes at theme that everyone can relate too. Wish I was in L.A. to make it.

2 parts bugged me in the trailer, I hope you don't mind me saying so.

1) Shot at :49 is jarring and lasts to long. This is made worse by the reaction shot immediately after being so quick.

2) At 1:31 that hallway shot with the ambient audio threw me a bit.

The shot before is "I'm leaving but I'm coming back!". Maybe have the edit: "I'm leaving b-" *cut to hallway* "-ut I'm coming back!" 

Hi Geoff, thanks for checking it out and the feedback. I think both of those beats in the trailer you mention were somewhat intentional -- elongating the moment of a romantic attraction only to shatter it moments later with a jarring slap. And the loud ambient crack of the door slamming to raise tension. But I also see your point -- it could be that we're overplaying those beats a tiny bit, particularly the first one. I'll be sure to update if we release a second trailer prior to the fest.