Ikan VL5e?

mercer

Has anybody used this monitor? If so, does the screen flip when turned upside down. So far, it seems to be the smallest model I can find but it doesn't have enough mounting options. Also, how is the image quality, build quality, peaking, zebras, etc...?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have no experience with that model but i do recommend the ikan dh5 monitor which is only $100 more. You can flip the image and the display is 1080p. Also it is very light weight and takes canon or sony batteries. For pulling focus the added resolution to me is worth it!

51 minutes ago, Daniel Nuss said:

I have no experience with that model but i do recommend the ikan dh5 monitor which is only $100 more. You can flip the image and the display is 1080p. Also it is very light weight and takes canon or sony batteries. For pulling focus the added resolution to me is worth it!

Thanks. Good to know. 

If you need color accuracy, look for a monitor you can calibrate. Even a screen with blue-only will be a big step up in color if the adjustments let you get it close. If you're shooting DSLRs, you'll need a way to get clean bars into the thing via HDMI (by "clean" I mean they bypass computer color settings and send the edit window of your NLE out via HDMI) - but there are pretty affordable solutions like the Intensity card, so you can render up some bars in your NLE and adjust the screen. This is handy for editing as well - bolt a magic arm to your desk and use your on-camera screen to check color when editing.

1 hour ago, M Carter said:

If you need color accuracy, look for a monitor you can calibrate. Even a screen with blue-only will be a big step up in color if the adjustments let you get it close. If you're shooting DSLRs, you'll need a way to get clean bars into the thing via HDMI (by "clean" I mean they bypass computer color settings and send the edit window of your NLE out via HDMI) - but there are pretty affordable solutions like the Intensity card, so you can render up some bars in your NLE and adjust the screen. This is handy for editing as well - bolt a magic arm to your desk and use your on-camera screen to check color when editing.

I ended up getting a great deal in a new other of this monitor. It does have some kind of blue calibration. Thanks for the help!!!