SLRMagic12mm m4/3 LA7200 GH2 First Test

Zmu

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Cheers itimjim - shot @T5.6/800ISO - focus @ infinity

I was actually surprised at the results for a first test - the SLR 12mm is an odd lens, I can't seem to get infinity focus with or without the 7200. But it offers a dramatic perspective to an anamorphic image - but I need to find a way to get it crisp at infinity. 

I haven't used my 7200 without low powered diopters since I can remember . I own a 36 & a 54 but if I can get this working properly the 7200 will proove it's unique worth. I'm going to contact SLR Magic re the focus and see what they say. The other oddity are the flares - they arc the exact opposite to the horizontal distortion of the taking lens. I got more footage shot on the AF102 which I'll post when I get a chance.

this little experiment might end up being a waste of time & money - but I love to tinker : )

Yeah I didnt expect the 7200 to look this good with no diopter, I rekon I can get more out of this combo yet

and the panny is looking a bit circa 1942 : )

Quick Q: do you think its possible to get the SLR 12mm somehow modded to focus beyond infinity or am I dreamin?

Yeah I didnt expect the 7200 to look this good with no diopter, I rekon I can get more out of this combo yet

and the panny is looking a bit circa 1942 : )

Quick Q: do you think its possible to get the SLR 12mm somehow modded to focus beyond infinity or am I dreamin?

it will probably be an easy modification.  if there is rubber grip on the focus ring, carefully prize that off and there should be a few grub screws underneath.  it'll likely be a case of adjusting the focus ring so the scale is slightly off (you'll lose minimum focus by a few inches, and gain slightly further than infinity).  This is of course depending on the +/- amount of adjustment they left on the lens either side of correct focus calibration.      

but before you do anything if this is a new lens this is an issue for slr magic.

i understand quite a few designs use cctv stuff with wide angle adapters added rather than ground up optics..

regardless if it was off when you got it you should speak to them.

unless it was one of the 30 dollar toy range models : )

regardless it is already pretty cool...

let us know how the diopter works out..

Cheers for the tip man, minimum focus loss doesn't bother me. I'm hoping I can wind out the focus enough beyond inifinity to use a 138mm +1 Achro to pull it back in and hopefully clean up some of the edge errors of the 7200 at the same time.