new fw nx1 and nx500

chauncy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hopefully it's somewhat obvious, but DON'T RUN THE BITRATE MODS ON THE NEW FIRMWARE UNTIL ON OF THE DEVELOPERS CHECKS IT OUT.

It would probably do no worse than require a restart, but there is a very small chance it could do something nasty since the behavior is pretty much undefined at this point.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the popular mods will refuse to install on the new version for now, but don't bypass that check.

3 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

lol, is this going to become a game of cat and mouse with samsung trying to stop people from hacking their FW? Witch is made a quite a bit of GPL code by the way.

They should embrace the movement and release the full source code and all their development tools :)

More precisely, they should enable the enhanced modes with a note that output may be unstable if used.

It is pretty clear that they could have allowed higher bit rates for example.

I don't think they have some sly purpose in 1.41 however. More likely they just have an obligation to ensure reasonable support for the cameras over the duration of the remaining warranty period, and that would include updates to accommodate newer versions of Android. Beyond that they likely don't care, and if it happens to mess with people's mods, they don't care about that either.

I think those who feel some kind of sinister motive from samsung have been watching too much xfiles. I don't think samsung cares at all about the hack, I'll bet they don't even know it exists. The bitrate hack will work again in a little bit, give kino time.

We are cockroaches to samsung.

right, since we're on this for what looks like a while before our dudes find a way to bitrate hack the new fw... anyone got copies of fw 1.40 for nx1 and the older version of the Samsung camera manager.. was it 1.65, the one just before the new one? I think a lot of us would like to go back a step into bitrate increase land. Everywhere seems to link to the new version now.thanks, kids-

1 hour ago, chauncy said:

right, since we're on this for what looks like a while before our dudes find a way to bitrate hack the new fw... anyone got copies of fw 1.40 for nx1 and the older version of the Samsung camera manager.. was it 1.65, the one just before the new one? I think a lot of us would like to go back a step into bitrate increase land. Everywhere seems to link to the new version now.thanks, kids-

FW archive is here https://drive.google.com/a/cmcfirm.com/folderview?id=0Bwt0uzFgEoRkQ2ZLOUJOM295UGM&usp=sharing