Canon 1DX mark II video testing - 4K frame grabs

karoliina

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

My initial thought was a classic film look.  Trying to keep it cinematic and organic. It's a pretty heavy grade, I wanted to see how much I could get away with.  Happy that there is still detail in the blacks.  I'm liking this codec a lot. I can see the argument for more reds.  Might have been heavy handed with the greens. I think it came off a bit too vintage when I tried it warmer. 

On 5/18/2016 at 7:16 AM, Andrew Reid said:

If the 1D C is anything to go by (it is, the 1D X Mark II has no advantage in low light over it), then the C100 Mk II isn't quite as good in low light, the larger sensor 1D X Mk II will be a bit cleaner at ISO 6400

I might be one of the few who's owned the 1dc and still owns the c100 mk2.  in my honest opinion the c100 mk2 is slightly better in low light; 12800 ISO appeared to have less noise on the c100 mark 2 in very similar lighting conditions.

C-log (to me) appears much cleaner as well on the c100 mk2.  Yes the 1dc has a larger sensor, but it's a 1.3x in video mode vs around 1.53?-ish for Super35.

Native ISO is 850 vs 400, so you tell me which camera is more sensitive. 

36 minutes ago, Shield3 said:

I might be one of the few who's owned the 1dc and still owns the c100 mk2.  in my honest opinion the c100 mk2 is slightly better in low light; 12800 ISO appeared to have less noise on the c100 mark 2 in very similar lighting conditions.

But are the ISO's equivalent in brightness? I did shoot once with the 1Dc in very low light conditions and I could make out stars in the night sky. ISO was over 6400, don't remember the exact figure but I do feel that a c100 couldn't have matched that brightness wise and the 1dc did seem clean with a great noise texture.