NX1 - Firmware Update V1.41!!!

tokhee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Lame, yes... But it is intriguing that they are still working on this product.

I think they only updated the firmware because they were getting so many complaints about the Samsung Camera Manager App not working with Android or whatever. 

I won't update until Kino's modpack get's updated and is sure to work with the new firmware.

27 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

So let me get this straight... Samsung brought their firmware team out of retirement to make sure the NX1 was definitely dead, they don't like the idea of mods bringing it to life again!

The people in charge must me Spanish, that or Coreans share the same sickness.

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

So let me get this straight... Samsung brought their firmware team out of retirement to make sure the NX1 was definitely dead, they don't like the idea of mods bringing it to life again!

No, they probably have an obligation to support the camera app for the remainder of the existing warranty periods since it is described in the manual as a feature. And to do that they needed to make an adjustment to the firmware in order for the camera to be compatible with the latest version of Android. I doubt they care if people are hacking the camera at this point. It is not like they need to protect next years model because there is no next year.

1 hour ago, Marco Tecno said:

+1 for what Andrew said. Samsung does NOT want ppl to improve nx1 and to add long time requested features they never cared to add.

I wonder why. It's not like they could just re-enter the camera business.

To play devil's advocate... They probably don't want a bunch of bricked cameras to deal with, customer service wise. Also, the hack may have alerted them to security issues that could lead competitors to see their code and ideas.

Thankfully, I didn't update.... So hack away folks, hack away.

2 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

+1 for what Andrew said. Samsung does NOT want ppl to improve nx1 and to add long time requested features they never cared to add.

That in a nutshell is what I do not understand. The bitrate of the NX1 was too low h.265 or not so Samsung upped it in a firmware update. Cool. The NX1 community noticed still it was too low (macroblocking artifacts). A hack is made to alleviate that issue and you block it ??? Seriously ? Shame !

i get what @Jimmy is saying about a potential security flaw. So why would they send their kits to magic lantern ? Isn't magic lantern making a camera of their own ? Im confused but hey @vasile is updating the hack for 1.41 and I hope he finds even more exploits to the system with the update

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, kidzrevil said:

@M Carter @tugela @Andrew Reid Andrew is right. They brought their engineers back from the dead JUST to fry the hack. Vasile proved it when he stated that they rewrote how to access the bitrate etc.

thank you Samsung for 1.4.1 but you get a big f$#@ you from me for purposely trying to kill the product

You are being paranoid. They don't care. What is very important to you is completely unimportant to them. They did what was convienent for them, quick and dirty, then went on to paying problems.

I see this all the time in an office environment, particularly when you have lower level technical people responding to decisions or actions bosses are taking. You are reading your reactions and your priorities onto them as motives, but they are probably focused on many much bigger things. Something you might spend months in angst about to them is a 5 minute issue in a sea of 5 minute issues. They would have completely forgotten about it an hour later and then be wondering what the hell your attitude problem is all about.

17 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

That in a nutshell is what I do not understand. The bitrate of the NX1 was too low h.265 or not so Samsung upped it in a firmware update. Cool. The NX1 community noticed still it was too low (macroblocking artifacts). A hack is made to alleviate that issue and you block it ??? Seriously ? Shame !

i get what @Jimmy is saying about a potential security flaw. So why would they send their kits to magic lantern ? Isn't magic lantern making a camera of their own ? Im confused but hey @vasile is updating the hack for 1.41 and I hope he finds even more exploits to the system with the update

You forget.....the basic system they are using in the camera is probably used in many other gadgets they make as well. A hole in the camera OS is probably also in those other gadgets OS. They don't make cameras any more, so they don't care what happens with those, but they sure as hell care about all the other stuff they make.