BlackMagic Micro Cinema Update?

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have both and I've only grabbed the Pocket to do side by side comparisons since the Micro arrived. Battery life is the main reason. Even with a Canon LP-E6 battery plate attached to it, that LCD screen (I assume) limits battery life to about an hour. On the Micro I get twice that with the same battery. Headed out this morning to the Santa Monica Airport for another gig that I'm shooting with it.

Good to hear. Do you have a pic of your rig? I have seen a few best offer deals on eBay and I must admit I am tempted. And since there are few small screen options becoming available, I may take the plunge... As long as I can get a small footprint. Is the internal audio any better than the Pocket?

12 minutes ago, Zak Forsman said:

I have both and I've only grabbed the Pocket to do side by side comparisons since the Micro arrived. Battery life is the main reason. Even with a Canon LP-E6 battery plate attached to it, that LCD screen (I assume) limits battery life to about an hour. On the Micro I get twice that with the same battery. Headed out this morning to the Santa Monica Airport for another gig that I'm shooting with it.

Yes, internal audio is better. I still like to use a rode videomicro with it if I want something I can use, if I have to. sounds a touch better but is also more directional than the built-in mic. I'll try to take a picture of my rig today.

Yeah, I would do double sound, and use an external mic for a scratch track, but it's nice to know it is okay in case I pick up something golden.

Is the FPN only an issue with Raw or is it also a problem with prores?

Thanks for the answers btw. 

I had another look at those grabs and the details really are amazing. The light fall off on his leather jacket is stunning. Hmm. I can't believe there aren't more discussions about this camera! Damnit... Now I have to sell more stuff... Good thing I have enough lenses to film 30 features... So it shouldn't be too hard to raise the capital. 

Btw, was that with your DSO?

noise is slightly improved, rolling shutter is improved. I personally prefer the micro brain form factor to the pocket's point and shoot design. adding up all the improvements, there was enough for me to make the upgrade. but that's a call each person needs to make on their own -- if the slight improvements and differences justify the expense.

Yeah, I have 3 BMPCCs lying around, I find 'em manageable to work with. I would've trade-in two of them for one of those BMMCCs if global shutter was part of the package, but alas. But yeah, it does make for a mean actual micro cinema camera.

I think the Craft Camera might be the next best thing... if it actually ever gets done.