FS5 2.0 released.

Jpr

Ver2.00
1.     The ND filter density can now be adjusted automatically.
2.     Shooting and recording in RAW mode is now supported. (“CBKZ-FS5RIF” (sold separately) is required)
3.     The zebra function has been enhanced, allowing you to select two types of setting. Also, the level settings can now be adjusted in 1% increments.
4.     You can now select the audio that is output in the headphones.
5.     You can now acquire and record position information when shooting using the GPS function. 

The long awaited auto ND feature is pretty amazing. It is very smooth and assignable so you can easily turn it off and on. When you turn it off the ND stays on the previous setting so no awkward blips. Very happy with this feature as an event/documentary shooter.

Can't wait to test the raw feature when its out. 

This video I found shows the feature in action.

Being able to change the depth of field on the fly without exposure changing is pretty neat - I can see lots of uses for this again as an event shooter.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 minutes ago, Django said:

Auto-ND seems cool... need to see more creative examples of it.  any word on the RAW output bitrate (8/10/12?)

It's a linear 12 bit signal, so the 7q+ and atomos inferno should be able to record that as a 10 bit prores 4K file which I think is more useful to myself than the raw signal itself. 

Lets hope its it's as good as the fs700. 

I wish there would be a compact 4K raw recorder, something like a new HyperDeck Shuttle, no screen just a slot for a card, few buttons and a mounting hole. Make it cfast and it could be even smaller, barely noticeable. The Q7 really kills the FS5's form factor. Probably the recorder weights more than the camera itself.

^ agreed. 

28 minutes ago, Jpr said:

It's a linear 12 bit signal, so the 7q+ and atomos inferno should be able to record that as a 10 bit prores 4K file which I think is more useful to myself than the raw signal itself. 

Lets hope its it's as good as the fs700. 

yea 10-bit prores 4K would be fine for me too.. but in that case wouldn't an atomos assassin suffice? or will only the shogun/inferno tunnel that upgraded 4K output?

32 minutes ago, Liszon said:

I wish there would be a compact 4K raw recorder, something like a new HyperDeck Shuttle, no screen just a slot for a card, few buttons and a mounting hole. Make it cfast and it could be even smaller, barely noticeable. The Q7 really kills the FS5's form factor. Probably the recorder weights more than the camera itself.

Yep..I would pay the same amount for a 5 inch recorder with 7q+ features as a 7 inch one just for size and weight reduction.