Your favourite 1080p 60fps image?

Antonis

I have recently been shooting a lot of 1080p 60fps on the NX1 and love the extra slow motion room you get from those 60fps when editing in 24fps timeline.

I just wished there was a bit more DR and/or more room for colour grading before the image falls apart.
So it got me wondering what other cameras have a really good 1080p 60fps mode.
What is your go-to camera for some crisp 1080p 60fps goodness?

Edit: here is a 1080p/60fps slo-mo edit:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

C100ii has one of the best 60p images , perfect & oversampled from 4k and recorded to c-log so a bit hugher DR (12stops). South from 5.000$ the nicest 60p will come from 5D MKIII shooting RAW, other than these I don't think switching from your nx1 to another similarly priced camera will benefit you for getting more dyanmic range and grading latitude, nx1 is good. From the cheapest end the D5500 does the nicest 60p witj high DR and no artefacts, very good colours too. But again I woUldn't trade the nx1 for it. 

60p would go to the A7S mk1 cropped, then nikon d3300/d5500/d750 and 5D RAW
...I'll throw in that 120p would go to fs700 4k  and rx100 iv/rx10 ii

I'm sure I'd love the BMMCC 60p more than anything for the price, but I haven't tried the camera yet.

3 hours ago, Bùi Bách Việt said:

5D3 RAW can shoot 1080p 60fps continuously now?

5d3 raw with the fast CF card (i use sandisk extreme pro 160MB/s) can shoot continously 50 fps with 2.35:1 aspect ratio. 50 fps with 16:9 gives about 10 seconds, 48fps - 14 sec, 60 fps just 5 second bursts with 16:9 and 13 sec with 2,35:1. Recently i tested 2:1 aspect (looks cool) and 50fps - 18 sec, 48fps - 32 sec, very usable IMO. Everything with sound and global draw ON (all on screen stuff ON), with sound off and GD OFF recording times can be a little bit longer.

I shot this sime time ago, 50fps 5d3 raw, testing new 70-200 f2.8 lens so often lack of focus unfortunatelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEabzplnmhY

Canon 1DX Mark ii - is the best slow motion. I spoke with several popular 'video experts' we all know at this year's NAB.

They all said the new Canon 1DX Mark ii  - under $10,000 dollars. 

Of course I saw the images myself on state of the art 4K screens at NAB.  It's really gorgeous footage from new Canon flagship model.

6 hours ago, Bùi Bách Việt said:

5D3 RAW can shoot 1080p 60fps continuously now?

3 hours ago, kgv5 said:

5d3 raw with the fast CF card (i use sandisk extreme pro 160MB/s) can shoot continously 50 fps with 2.35:1 aspect ratio. 50 fps with 16:9 gives about 10 seconds, 48fps - 14 sec, 60 fps just 5 second bursts with 16:9 and 13 sec with 2,35:1. Recently i tested 2:1 aspect (looks cool) and 50fps - 18 sec, 48fps - 32 sec, very usable IMO. Everything with sound and global draw ON (all on screen stuff ON), with sound off and GD OFF recording times can be a little bit longer.

I shot this sime time ago, 50fps 5d3 raw, testing new 70-200 f2.8 lens so often lack of focus unfortunatelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEabzplnmhY

So, no then. lol.     Thanks, that is useful information.

I love the overcranck on my AF100, but it's mainly because you get 60 fps overcrancked to 24 fps directly in camera, which is awesome as you don't have fiddle with speed in post.
Other than that I remember that the GH3 60fps is decent too :)

I think it is more a matter of codec than anything else. (when shooting an intraframe codec, it is wiser to shoot at lower framerates for better individual frames quality)

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

36fps is my new favorite frame rate for slow mo. Everything flows in a smooth motion and doesn't take too long for an image to resolve. Especially when shooting shorter spots where 60fps is too slow for anything to happen.

what camera are you shooting on, ML raw?