Here's a Nikon D500 4k UHD Sample (Downloadable)

rdouthit

I recently picked up the new D500. Nothing serious done with it yet, but I did have chance to shoot some casual stuff today. Here's some ungraded footage 4k UHD. Download link on Vimeo includes the original edit ProRes if you want to play with grading it. This was done with the Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 VR, handheld. Color profile is flat. White Balance set to Auto. Includes mixed interior and window light. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'll be shooting more this week and I'll try to get some 1080 to check out. Aliasing wasn't an issue with the D810, so I'd be surprised if this D500 was any different. This was, literally, the first thing I've shot with the D500.

Sorry, but I won't have a chance to do hat rolling shutter test. I'm taking off for a 10 day shoot later this week and won't be able to fit that in. I'll do my own testing for rolling shutter, but it won't be scientific. 

That clip looks excellent, even with post stabilization the typical rolling shutter motion artifacts do not seem to be present in the image, especially with you shooting a ~200mm equivalent. Thank you so much for posting this.

Please upload a 1080p clip if you can. I use the D750 for some 1080p work and love it, would love to see if it's comparable on this camera.

11 hours ago, rdouthit said:

I recently picked up the new D500. Nothing serious done with it yet, but I did have chance to shoot some casual stuff today. Here's some ungraded footage 4k UHD. Download link on Vimeo includes the original edit ProRes if you want to play with grading it. This was done with the Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 VR, handheld. Color profile is flat. White Balance set to Auto. Includes mixed interior and window light. 

Nice clip. I wouldn't mind messing with the original, but I can't find the video on Vimeo. Do you have the link?

7 minutes ago, BrorSvensson said:

I might be wrong but i think dlightning is limited to stills only, no video

D Lighting is now an option for video as well. I just shot some samples I'll be uploading later. 

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Nice clip. I wouldn't mind messing with the original, but I can't find the video on Vimeo. Do you have the link?

It should be available on the Vimeo page, on the right. 

4 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

That clip looks excellent, even with post stabilization the typical rolling shutter motion artifacts do not seem to be present in the image, especially with you shooting a ~200mm equivalent. Thank you so much for posting this.

Please upload a 1080p clip if you can. I use the D750 for some 1080p work and love it, would love to see if it's comparable on this camera.

I didn't add any stabilization in post. That was the in-lens VR doing all the work.

2 minutes ago, BrorSvensson said:

Is it possible to shoot in the flat picture style and d lightning at the same time? Sounds like that would give amazing DR!

That's actually what I did for the second video. All the tests were done in the Flat picture style.