Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 12.5 is out (in beta)

Inazuma

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

For those of you that missed it (including me), 12.5 beta is out. It includes a lot of new features and fixes for both editing and grading. One of them is that there is now a colour temperature slider, which if you're used to grading with Adobe, is a really nice feature. 

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve

Stupid question... If a color program has a color temperature slider, do you have to slide it to the same temp that you shot with to get the same look as you did in camera, or does it only affect the image if you change it?

17 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

For those of you that missed it (including me), 12.5 beta is out. It includes a lot of new features and fixes for both editing and grading. One of them is that there is now a colour temperature slider, which if you're used to grading with Adobe, is a really nice feature. 

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve

Been thinking of using Resolve to edit with as well as grade. 

It's just that FCPX is marvellous and most of my plugins will only work in it. (Red Giant, FXFactory Pro, Pixel Film Studios, Motionvfx, Coremelt, Crumplepop and others).

Who makes decent plugins for DaVinci Resolve? 

56 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

It's just that FCPX is marvellous and most of my plugins will only work in it. (Red Giant, FXFactory Pro, Pixel Film Studios, Motionvfx, Coremelt, Crumplepop and others).

They are slowly coming on board, I use Film Convert, and effects added with this update a very good.

that new grain plugin in 12.5 is pretty great. nice tight structure in the 35mm options. lots of control to dial in a look. I get masters to a lot of Hollywood releases through my bay and was always envious of the grain I'd see in them. This rivals that. Better than Film Convert's, imo.

12 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I've never used FCPX but I do prefer editing in Resolve than Premiere (which is odd since Adobe has had so many years to develop it). The effects API is OpenFX, which is also used by Nuke - so there's potentially a lot of plugins. I use Neat Video, FilmConvert and some Red Giant stuff with it.

• 3 months later...

New update is out (12.5.1). Apparently improvements to h264 playback, which I think is much needed, as well as a dish of other changes and new features. Article describing the changes in more detail: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/thewire/blackmagic-design-announces-davinci-resolve-1251-update-now-available/158770

I've been trying to download and install the software but so far just keep getting a corrupted download. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve

There wasn't a 'download now' availlable. But register give in some quick fake info ugh and the download link appears. Seems to work fine.

No problems via https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion . Both the Lite and the Studio version (which I need anyways, I snapped myself a dongle a while back which ended up being rather the bargain, post office lost it in limbo for a couple of months, refunding the seller and me (once it was done vactioning in the Bermuda triangle and showed up however, customs wanted their piece of the pie; still though)).

Upgraded tonight.

Anyone else getting weird low res, alias artificats in the color tab when viewing your footage?

Oddly, when viewing in edit mode, with whatever grade applied, it's crisp and high res.

Haven't tried rendering yet, but guessing it'll come out find. It's like there's a half-res or low quality preview flag set to true, but I can't find a toggle.

Will read the manual tomorrow and then ask the blackmagic forum if unable to solve.