Can you upload NX1 H265 files directly to YouTube?

Charbax

Are these 4K H265 files from the Samsung NX1 still not supported to be uploaded directly to YouTube? And the NX500 doesn't have a microphone input, right?

Can someone hack into Samsung and check if NX2 is going to be released?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Sten said:

you can upload HEVC on Vimeo

That's interesting! But I need YouTube. Have you tried uploading the 4K NX1 H265 files to YouTube recently? Does YouTube still not support H265 upload? YouTube is where all the views happen, where all the search rankings go..

It sounds weird of Google if they still don't support H265 upload. It doesn't make much sense as H265 takes less space on their server storage, as H265 takes less bandwidth for their users uploads, I would think it should be kind of easy for them to take the H265 uploads and transcode to whatever formats they offer.

And how's the battery life when recording 4K H265 on the NX1? And it doesn't overheat and stop recording after a short time?

On 4/23/2016 at 3:33 PM, Charbax said:

That's interesting! But I need YouTube. Have you tried uploading the 4K NX1 H265 files to YouTube recently? Does YouTube still not support H265 upload? YouTube is where all the views happen, where all the search rankings go..

It sounds weird of Google if they still don't support H265 upload. It doesn't make much sense as H265 takes less space on their server storage, as H265 takes less bandwidth for their users uploads, I would think it should be kind of easy for them to take the H265 uploads and transcode to whatever formats they offer.

And how's the battery life when recording 4K H265 on the NX1? And it doesn't overheat and stop recording after a short time?

1) Very good, about an hour and a half to 2 hours 2) No it does not turn off due to heat ever.

We had a shooting with 3 5DmarkIII the other day. We used 3-4 batteries on every Canon and 2 on the NX1, plus just 1 for the NX500 (used only for backstage photograpgy, almost 300 pictures). One 5D started to behave strangely, and we had to change both card and battery a couple of times.

I have never experienced any overheating problems with any of the NX, even in event videography.

On 4/23/2016 at 5:30 AM, Sten said:

you can upload HEVC on Vimeo

I've tried uploading HEVC many times to Vimeo. Never works. I really wanted to show the video I did for Blackmagic in 10bit. Thought HEVC was my best bet. Vimeo just kept rejecting it.

I recommend to anyone who wants to convert their HEVC to files easy to upload formats like H264, ProRes, DNxHD/DNxHR or any file on the planet

WIN, LNX, OSX - Handbrake (Very easy to use, very simple GUI, simple settings only) Recommend for everyone

https://handbrake.fr/

WIN, OSX - RockyMountains Movie Converter (Extremely simple to use, even less settings than Handbrake but accepts LUT's) Recommended for anyone who just want edit ready files 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rockymountainsmovieconverter/

WIN - ClipToolz Convert (V3 is not free but you can find V2 on the internet which is free, very simple GUI, very powerful tool accepts LUT's) Is a bit buggy at times and is power hungry

http://hdcinematics.com/

WIN, LNX, OSX - Hybrid (Extremely complex, features every setting for each codecs, heavy GUI and very hard to learn how to use) I recommend for only power useres

http://www.selur.de/

WIN, LNX(Wine), OSX - Adobe Media Encoder CC2015 (Only downside to this powerful tool is that it costs a fortune to acquire unless you are like me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I either transcode my h.265 to 1080p 422 dnxhd or I edit the raw h.265 files and export it to cineform. I'll try exporting to dnxhd like @SMGJohn mentioned cause a 3 minute file with cineform is like 5 gb at its film scan quality. Vimeo has given me the best image thus far with cineform though, preserves grain and all

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, peterwhite said:

YouTube doesn't support H.265/HEVC video. To upload your NX1 H265 files directly to YouTube, you need to re-encode your H.265 video to H.264 for online posting. 

Why resurrect an old already answered thread?

Also why would anybody use some crapware instead of RockyMountains Movie Converter

On 5/6/2016 at 6:26 PM, kidzrevil said:

I either transcode my h.265 to 1080p 422 dnxhd or I edit the raw h.265 files and export it to cineform. I'll try exporting to dnxhd like @SMGJohn mentioned cause a 3 minute file with cineform is like 5 gb at its film scan quality. Vimeo has given me the best image thus far with cineform though, preserves grain and all

Wich program you use to transcode? do you use win or osx?

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2016 at 7:22 PM, Geoff CB said:

2) No it does not turn off due to heat ever.

That's because Samsung have sensibly included an internal cooling fan. It's extremely quiet but you can hear it if you put your ear to the back of the camera while it's on. I never knew it was there until I was filming in a totally silent forest and I could just hear a very, very quiet whirr out of the back of the camera. It wouldn't surprise me if the internal audio capture has a digital filter to remove that frequency from the audio tracks either. 

20 hours ago, foxbat said:

That's because Samsung have sensibly included an internal cooling fan. It's extremely quiet but you can hear it if you put your ear to the back of the camera while it's on. I never knew it was there until I was filming in a totally silent forest and I could just hear a very, very quiet whirr out of the back of the camera. It wouldn't surprise me if the internal audio capture has a digital filter to remove that frequency from the audio tracks either. 

As far as I know there is no fan inside the NX1

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_NX1

There is also another PDF with high res photos of the disassembled NX1 floating around somewhere(I cannot find it right now) and that also doesnt show any fans.

Also the body is weather sealed so it does not have any vents and a fan without vents is pretty much useless.

I am not sure what noise you are hearing my NX1 is completely silent.