A7S II Questions

andrgl

So many questions. I've read the user manual and have looked online but I still haven't found the answers I'm looking for.

1. Is image stabilization (SteadyShot) available in all frame rates and resolutions (specifically HFR 1080p60 and 1080p120)?
  2. Is HFR 1080p60 and 1080p120 available in crop mode (APS-C/Super 35mm)?
  3. Is there a change in image quality (moire, aliasing, macroblocking) between XAVC S 4K and APS-C/Super 35mm recording modes?
  4. Are all ISO levels 50 to 409600 available in crop mode (APS-C/Super 35mm)?
  5. Is focus peaking available in video mode?
  6. Can the PlayMemories Mobile app for Android and iOS be used to change focus while recording video with the A7S II?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, andrgl said:

So many questions. I've read the user manual and have looked online but I still haven't found the answers I'm looking for.

1. Is image stabilization (SteadyShot) available in all frame rates and resolutions (specifically HFR 1080p60 and 1080p120)? Yes
  2. Is HFR 1080p60 and 1080p120 available in crop mode (APS-C/Super 35mm)? 120fps is 2.2 crop, 60fps is APS-C only
  3. Is there a change in image quality (moire, aliasing, macroblocking) between XAVC S 4K and APS-C/Super 35mm recording modes? Yes. 4K mode is superior. These issues are very present in 120fps mode
  4. Are all ISO levels 50 to 409600 available in crop mode (APS-C/Super 35mm)? Yes
  5. Is focus peaking available in video mode? Yes but it's crap. Get a monitor for the hotshoe
  6. Can the PlayMemories Mobile app for Android and iOS be used to change focus while recording video with the A7S II? can't remember sorry

Answers above.

I don't mind, overall, the focus peaking on the A7s though it's sometimes vague. Neither the VF nor the LCD screen are really big enough for peaking to be super useful. An external monitor will be better

I don't believe you can use PlayMemories to pull focus. I've never tried, though.