My wishlist for GH5 (and for any other camera), H265, 60fps, editing, wireless audio, realtime multi-camera, youtube/instagram upload

Charbax

- 4K@30fps H265 starting at 40mbitps, H264 starting at 60mbitps, YouTube must support uploading of H265 files, good affordable video editing apps must also be supported in H265 without transcoding to H264
- 4K@60fps H265 starting at 80mbitps, H264 starting at 120mbitps

- 5-axis dual optical image stabilization in 4K, same as Panasonic GX80/GX85

- audio mic jack, also multiple wireless audio receiving built-into the camera, maybe bluetooth lapel/handheld microphones, maybe another RF technology same quality as $500 Sennheiser/Sony wireless microphones, built-in to the camera

- headphone jack, monitoring and easy adjustment of audio volume of each external wired or wireless microphone

- perfect tracking auto-focus, whatever I click on the display it must keep good auto-focus on that object in handheld mode. My GH3 has terrible auto-focus, always loosing, always seeking, I need a much better 4K auto-focus

- in camera editing functions for automatic intro clip added at start of every clip, transparent watermark added in bottom right corner of all recordings, outro automatically added to every clip, in-camera instant quick cut/join basic editing of multiple clips

- second camera facing cameraman/interviewer like in Panasonic VX991 may be ok, or second/third/etc camera can be any smartphone or other wireless camera, real-time multi-camera editing on the camera display, to select other cameras to cut to using the touch-screen and then to come back to the main camera angle. Not be forced like with the VX991/VX981 to use second/third camera as a lame picture-in-picture only. This would suddenly enable multi-camera productions in real-time from the camera.

- Live streaming to YouTube in 4K from the camera over Wi-Fi/Ethernet. May also be other live video streaming services, and easy upload of pictures to Google Photos, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, and to any other online photo sharing service. Instantly share to groups of friends from the camera.

- Easy upload to YouTube over WiFi/Ethernet directly from the camera.

- Dual SD card slots for safe backup while filming. Automatic backup to external local or remote backup solution, once backed up externally, space is cleared on internal SD card.

- Change battery without having to turn off the camera nor to stop the recording, need small amount of internal power reserve while swapping the battery.

- All that S-log3 stuff, make HDR good color video directly from within the camera, also make it possible to adjust those from within the camera.

- Easily monitor video recording to cheap affordable external wireless or wired display or laptop. Color grading etc should easily be possible that way in real-time with or without external display within the camera.

- Great low-light sensitivity, cinema-like image quality, good depth of field view effect easily switched on/off, enhanced or reduced without having to read a book on camera settings

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, here's what we can take as given (because it already exists on other Panny cams):

DCI 4K
10-bit HDMI out
5-axis IBIS
1.5-2 stops improved low light performance
V-Log L
Retooled color science (released on the DVX200 in a recent firmware update)
Anamorphic support

Here's what we can reasonably expect, given the sensor size and competition:

120fps (or more) at 1080p 
Increased DR (at least 12 stops)
Low RS (at least the current amount, but hopefully a bit less than the GH4--certainly less than the NX1/A6300/A7S)
Tweaked processing for V-LOG L (to address the artefacts it caused in the GH4)
Anamorphic de-squeeze in-camera
Dual card slots

Here's what I'm hoping for, considering Panasonic's track record of providing meaningful upgrades with each iteration of the GH series:

The return of the multi-aspect ratio sensor, providing a "more competitive crop factor" (ugh) compared to the GH3 (1.32x with speed booster)
Lower megapixels for improved low-light performance (if the forums are any indication, stills shooters can't be responsible for many GH4 sales)
In-camera 10-bit (possibly in AVC-Ultra)
4:4:4 HDMI-out (RAW seems unlikely, but 12-bit out would really set it apart from the rest of the pack)
An improved YAGH (battery-powered, XLRs, full-size HDMI out)
The same/similar body to the GH3/GH4 (or at least have it take the same batteries)
Dual-recording (4K masters and 1080p proxies)

1 hour ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Well, here's what we can take as given (because it already exists on other Panny cams):

DCI 4K
10-bit HDMI out
5-axis IBIS
1.5-2 stops improved low light performance
V-Log L
Retooled color science (released on the DVX200 in a recent firmware update)
Anamorphic support

Here's what we can reasonably expect, given the sensor size and competition:

120fps (or more) at 1080p 
Increased DR (at least 12 stops)
Low RS (at least the current amount, but hopefully a bit less than the GH4--certainly less than the NX1/A6300/A7S)
Tweaked processing for V-LOG L (to address the artefacts it caused in the GH4)
Anamorphic de-squeeze in-camera
Dual card slots

Here's what I'm hoping for, considering Panasonic's track record of providing meaningful upgrades with each iteration of the GH series:

The return of the multi-aspect ratio sensor, providing a "more competitive crop factor" (ugh) compared to the GH3 (1.32x with speed booster)
Lower megapixels for improved low-light performance (if the forums are any indication, stills shooters can't be responsible for many GH4 sales)
In-camera 10-bit (possibly in AVC-Ultra)
4:4:4 HDMI-out (RAW seems unlikely, but 12-bit out would really set it apart from the rest of the pack)
An improved YAGH (battery-powered, XLRs, full-size HDMI out)
The same/similar body to the GH3/GH4 (or at least have it take the same batteries)
Dual-recording (4K masters and 1080p proxies)

Raw would be fantastic. I actually think one of the major camera companies are going to include this soon. Possibly in the 5div. But maybe in GH5. It makes no sense for the majors to allow BM to be the only manufacturer with a prosumer priced camera(s) with 1080p/2.5k Raw. The 5div would make the most sense since they could just reverse engineer ML, but Panasonic also makes sense since they go out of their way to acknowledge the video aspect of their cameras.

GH5 please:

-Display exposure values during recording

-Auto iso in M with EV control and upper iso limiter.

-Play button in right hand side

-Ability to Use FN-buttons with important video menu items

-AE/AF lock button to work logical (on/off/on/off etc.)

-Not toy plastic in EVF or decent EVF cover plug.

-No useless EV-button, something more useful instead or programmable.

Low light performance as good as A7R II.

V-Log (13 stops of usable dynamic range)

120fps~1000fps similar to RX100M4

In-body 10bit 1080p (external 4K 10bit)

I think I'm being realistic with the demands with the technology that's available, especially now that we have faster SD cards.

The reason I love Panasonic is the battery life, the UI, the flip out screen, and the reliability.  I hope that never changes.

I think 5-axis IBIS is coming whether you need it or not.  And RAW is certainly a possibility now that the Zenmuse X5R is being sold.