One Lens?

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, jase said:

Great shot! Guess who re-bought the Voigtländer again this weekend... :)

Nice! The more I use this lens, the easier it is to sell other lenses, especially if I take them out with me at the same time. The others just don't stack up. The rendering, even wide open, just blows my mind every time I use it. Are you picking up the GX80/85?

Just now, mercer said:

Yeah, the out of focus highlights can look like footballs. 

Not footballs. Those are well rounded bokeh. On the voigtlanders the bokeh's aren't very pleasing to the eyes. I am guessing its a mixture of the number of lens elements, as well as the shape of the lens aperture control ring. 

6 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Not footballs. Those are well rounded bokeh. On the voigtlanders the bokeh's aren't very pleasing to the eyes. I am guessing its a mixture of the number of lens elements, as well as the shape of the lens aperture control ring. 

Sorry, American footballs. 

I am looking forward to getting the gx85. I decided to hold off until the price drops in a few months. In the meantime I am really considering picking up the BMMCC. I have a few shorts I am shooting over the next few months and the footage I have seen from the pocket with the voigtlander has me pretty excited for the micro and it's 60p. 

6 minutes ago, mercer said:

I am looking forward to getting the gx85. I decided to hold off until the price drops in a few months. In the meantime I am really considering picking up the BMMCC. I have a few shorts I am shooting over the next few months and the footage I have seen from the pocket with the voigtlander has me pretty excited for the micro and it's 60p. 

For sure the micro is quite tempting, but I have to admit that rigging doesnt really match my profile of using a camera. But the specs of the BMMCC in a BMPCC v2 and I would maybe even forget about how nice stabilisation is. In the meantime, lets find out about the GX80 :)

5 hours ago, jase said:

For sure the micro is quite tempting, but I have to admit that rigging doesnt really match my profile of using a camera. But the specs of the BMMCC in a BMPCC v2 and I would maybe even forget about how nice stabilisation is. In the meantime, lets find out about the GX80 :)

Jase, I've watched your Splash 2014 video five or six times and I love the way that you convey the atmosphere of the festival. If the GM1 and Voigt gave you the flexibilty and simplicity to tell the story so well, then I reckon that you've done the right thing in buying the Voigt again :)

7 hours ago, DevonChris said:

Jase, I've watched your Splash 2014 video five or six times and I love the way that you convey the atmosphere of the festival. If the GM1 and Voigt gave you the flexibilty and simplicity to tell the story so well, then I reckon that you've done the right thing in buying the Voigt again :)

Thanks for your kind words, DevonChris! I too think that this is one of my best shots. So after constantly checking for something even better I finally reckon that I had something that was very good and that I wasted quite some money over the last two years finding something that might be even better, yet eventually not for me. Learned the hard way.

39 minutes ago, jase said:

Thanks for your kind words, DevonChris! I too think that this is one of my best shots. So after constantly checking for something even better I finally reckon that I had something that was very good and that I wasted quite some money over the last two years finding something that might be even better, yet eventually not for me. Learned the hard way.

Story of my life ?

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

Story of my life ?

jm2c: you had a winning combo with the milvus lenses and the NX1. I dont get why you sold them. I read your argument about vimeo, but yet I think you made a loss by selling them, didnt you? GAS striked back again I take.

There's not much discussion about the Nikon 50mm f/1.2 AiS lens which seems to be awesome, as the 9 blade aperture creates fantastic bokeh and you get almost the low light capabilities of the Voigt 0.95, and maybe even betters it with a speed booster.

I am seriously thinking about this Nikon, but I've held back so far because on MFT with a speedbooster it is still a bit long at 75mm FF equivalent.

You can get them new in the UK for around £340 so it is a lot cheaper than the Voigt 0.95's.

Another advantage of the Nikon is that it is portable to other systems whereas the Voigts are limited to the MFT platform.

Any thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

I don't think the lens is worth it. I might have a bad copy, who knows, but I don't like the rendering except for face closeups. It also has some sort of a cold look. I think any cheap 50 1.4 is the better choice.

Hi Nikkor. Is it the Nikon 50 1.2 that you were talking about?

Cheers