Aputure: the Blackmagic of lighting

Jonesy Jones

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

At $402 delivered with a discount code, it's significantly cheaper than the 120T,  though that's without a battery adapter. And it's daylight! And shipping stays the same for multiple lights (I added 3 to my cart.)

7 minutes ago, Herb said:

At $402 delivered with a discount code, it's significantly cheaper than the 120T,  though that's without a battery adapter. And it's daylight! And shipping stays the same for multiple lights (I added 3 to my cart.)

Wow how are you getting it that cheap? And with what discount code? I'd buy it in a heartbeat for $402 delivered. 

2 hours ago, Teemu said:

I have one of these lights, but just the mk II not the + version (+ version means v-lock battery option). I really like it and can also recommend it. It's about 1k at full power. Definetly get the mkII version. It's a lot more silent and a bit smaller than the first version.

Also good cheap fresnel adapter for the light is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Nanguang-NG-10X-Studio-Light-Filter/dp/B011HTRTUG?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B011HTRTUG&linkCode=as2&linkId=TOJXOS6VGXPT3Q6T&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_tl&tag=nitsapictu-20

Nitsan has reviewed same lights and recommended very much it.

Yeah, nice piece of kit there Teemu!

Hey mate, does the PixaPro light have an umbrella mount on it? 
I can see a little tube or bracket on the bottom-front of the light, but the pictures are too small to tell if that's an umbrella mount.
Any luck on this being what it is?

Thanks~

I'm in Florida. Weird the price is up to $406.  Go to: https://www.essentialphoto.co.uk/product/pixapro-led100d-mkii-daylight-balanced-led-studio-light/

Add it to your cart. Use LM5OFFD for 5% off (from UglyMcGregor youtube.com/watch?v=jbPTPFDsrU0). Keep going through to have the VAT removed and add the shipping.

Unless I'm doing something wrong...

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 6.20.25 PM.png

1 minute ago, Herb said:

I'm in Florida. Weird the price is up to $406.  Go to: https://www.essentialphoto.co.uk/product/pixapro-led100d-mkii-daylight-balanced-led-studio-light/

Add it to your cart. Use LM5OFFD for 5% off (from UglyMcGregor youtube.com/watch?v=jbPTPFDsrU0). Keep going through to have the VAT removed and add the shipping.

Unless I'm doing something wrong...

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 6.20.25 PM.png

Yeah, that sounds about right. These are not cheap lights. 
You can always throw the price into an online currency converter and check the price in US Dollars ahead of time.

3 hours ago, squig said:

I just ordered one with the v-mount plate. If it's as good as it sounds I'll get another one.

Nice! I also ordered one today as well, along with the fresnel attachment linked earlier in the thread. Should be very versatile for my needs!

I'm just curious though, where did you find the '+' version? I think I only got the regular mark II version, which is fine since I don't have any V-Mounts anyway, but still, I couldn't really seem to find it on their site at all. 

3 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

So if the Pixapro is any indication, a fresnel lens is putting out 4x the lux. If that's the case then I'm sure the 120t will be at least 1K equivalent. Ted assures me of this as well. I ordered a fresnel so we'll see soon. CRI seems higher on the Aputure so there's that. :D

The pixapro appears to be a lot more powerful than the 120t without a fresnel lens (15000 lux @ 1m with a reflector hood). But yeah CRI is slightly higher and the 120t is smaller and lighter. I got the pixapro because it looks to be the highest output v-mount capable LED for the least money. I think it may be twice as powerful as my 1200 LED panel, which is the brightest light I have (8000 lux @ 1m) besides a 1k tungsten work light I've never used. The LS1 is 10500 lux @ 1m with a 25 degree beam angle, I reckon the the pixapro will be in the ballpark of 20000 lux @ 1m with a fresnel focussed to 25 degrees.

58 minutes ago, squig said:

The pixapro appears to be a lot more powerful than the 120t without a fresnel lens (15000 lux @ 1m with a reflector hood). But yeah CRI is slightly higher and the 120t is smaller and lighter. I got the pixapro because it looks to be the highest output v-mount capable LED for the least money. I think it may be twice as powerful as my 1200 LED panel, which is the brightest light I have (8000 lux @ 1m) besides a 1k tungsten work light I've never used. The LS1 is 10500 lux @ 1m with a 25 degree beam angle, I reckon the the pixapro will be in the ballpark of 20000 lux @ 1m with a fresnel focussed to 25 degrees.

Daylight is also a great feature. Looking forward to seeing some examples.

22 hours ago, DPStewart said:

Yeah, nice piece of kit there Teemu!

Hey mate, does the PixaPro light have an umbrella mount on it? 
I can see a little tube or bracket on the bottom-front of the light, but the pictures are too small to tell if that's an umbrella mount.
Any luck on this being what it is?

Thanks~

Great guys that I got your attention with this! It really is great light for great price! And definetly check out Nitsan reviews on other stuff too. He has really good eye and opinnion on many stuff needed in film making...

DPStewart, yes there is umbrella mount. You can just push it in and it stays. No screwing needed. So it has that also. S-mount and umbrella mount. Very versatile.

My lighting kit at the moment for many shoot is 1x pixapro 100d with soft box + 3-5x dedo lights. I like to mix tungsten on background lighting with gels a lot and in hair light, etc.

I have also found chinese knockout prices on similiar looking lights on amazon. Or maybe it was ebay or something else... Just couldn't find those again now. Anyway, those looked like exact same lamps with different name and maybe half the price of Pixapro 100d. Could be worth to try if those are fake or not... 

1 hour ago, Herb said:

Parker,

Where are you located? US? How long is the shipping estimate?

Yeah, I'm in the US. I had initially ordered just the regular mk II, but then I changed my mind and decided that the + version would be better just to have the option for a battery if I ever wanted it (it was only $50 more, so why not. I ended up finding a cheap NPF to V-Lock converter so I can already use my existing batteries which is sweet) but anyway, I emailed them to change the order and they responded super quick and were honestly pretty great to work with. They told me it will post through UPS tomorrow and should be delivered to me within 1-3 working days, so pretty fast! 

Just received my Cob. I would say it's about the same brightness as my LS1 in initial appearance. I sincerely hope the addition of the fresnel lens gives it the boost it needs. Doesn't seems as bright as my Arri 650 as I remember before I sold it (Doh!). I would add that I bought the fresnel accessory posted above by following the Amazon link also posted above and I was very disappointed with the item. Build quality was great but it didn't fit the Cob (Bowens fit) which it is advertised as being able to do.