What did I do wrong? (video inside)

Tsarbomba

Let me start by saying I have NEVER turned my 6D on video mode until yesterday. I know, it shows! And never touched Adobe premiere until last night with a free trial. That shows too. Here are my questions.

-How do I continuous focus on moving subjects ( 4 year old) I know the 70D has a touch focus, but other than manual focus (turning ring/follow focus) its pretty impossible?

-I shot in 1080p in camera at 30fps. When i started a new project in Premiere I just did everything default. Exported finished product how ever Premiere does it to a folder of my choice. I uploaded it to Vimeo and it looks pretty bad. What did I do wrong?

Heres the video I'm referring too. Shot with 6D and 35L II

Here is the default new project screenshot

{option}[/IMG]http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/DanielFrankPhoto/new%20project_zpszs0buhum.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the export screenshot

{option}[/IMG]http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/DanielFrankPhoto/export_zpse1jt2i3u.jpg[/IMG]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 minutes ago, Tsarbomba said:

-How do I continuous focus on moving subjects ( 4 year old) I know the 70D has a touch focus, but other than manual focus (turning ring/follow focus) its pretty impossible?

As far as I know, 6D does not have continuous AF in video. And even if it did it would be contrast only and wouldn't work that well. 

Manually focusing is your best bet, but don't worry you get used to it and it becomes easier (and more efficient than most AF systems) after a while. 

Shooting with a smaller aperture (large f#) also helps!

-I shot in 1080p in camera at 30fps. When i started a new project in Premiere I just did everything default. Exported finished product how ever Premiere does it to a folder of my choice. I uploaded it to Vimeo and it looks pretty bad. What did I do wrong?

I don't know what premiere defaults to when you first use it but it looks it has the wrong aspect ration and a low resolution. 

Try h.264 format , 1080p resolution  (1920x1080) and a ~20 bitrate for better results.

Thanks for the feedback. Def going to get some IS lenses. Coming from photography, the video looks ok. It probably looks better to me only because its my family. To others probably not good at all. Id like to get to that point where I came make it look more cinematic. I like the shallow dof, but focus seems to be an issue with moving targets (kids) You can def tell the shakiness, also some out of focus scenes where my little guy is running around. I bought a used Glidecam HD2000 last night. 

10 minutes ago, Tsarbomba said:

Thanks for the feedback. Def going to get some IS lenses. Coming from photography, the video looks ok. It probably looks better to me only because its my family. To others probably not good at all. Id like to get to that point where I came make it look more cinematic. I like the shallow dof, but focus seems to be an issue with moving targets (kids) You can def tell the shakiness, also some out of focus scenes where my little guy is running around. I bought a used Glidecam HD2000 last night. 

Professional focus pullers would even have trouble at that aperture with moving targets. You did a nice job I'd say.