NAB 2016 = Boring

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, Phil A said:

To be honest I'm kinda surprised that there's nothing regarding cameras with 10bit recording (ProRes, Raw, whatever format). Currently there's basically the GH4 with external recording, the stuff from Blackmagic and then it gets humongously expensive... at the same time we get shoved 10bit and HDR TVs into our faces as the next big thing.

Even all external recorders have marketing material mentioning again and again how they record 10bit color depth but they always get shown on cameras doing 8bit 4:2:2 like the A7s.

True... I also was hoping for more in the way of 10-bit. Still all was not bad. Looking forward to the 1DX mkii... was that at the show? Also footage from the Terra 5k and 6k. While the sensor may be the same as the kinemax 6k, there are sure to be other differences. 

Actually, the fact that Photokina is taking place in September (20-25), and is a Much Larger show, has also IMHO kept the exhibitors at other show less exciting about exhibiting there.

The GH5 and maybe the firmware updates to the Blackmagics will be announced then. Also, a few other M4/3rd announcements, and some more from Sony, I am guessing. 

Also, I am guessing Panasonic is going to announce something seriously pathbreaking. Don't wanna say what it is. Let's wait until September. 

Everyone is focused on the super high end. My bet is if there are any new dslr/mirrorless style cameras announced the manufacturers as usual will give em a ton a great features all while crippling something so they can release a new version i.e. sony business module. Im looking towards these companies like craft for innovation  

On 4/21/2016 at 11:50 PM, richg101 said:

I expect there will be a new cinealta version of the a7sii sometime soon.  then we'll have 10bit 4;2;2 onto card, but it'll be a cinealta price..  

Doubt it. That's an FS5, but with a bigger sensor. 

Unless you're talking in the 'more expensive than an FS5-FS7' price point range....

On 4/21/2016 at 11:54 AM, sanveer said:

Actually, the fact that Photokina is taking place in September (20-25), and is a Much Larger show, has also IMHO kept the exhibitors at other show less exciting about exhibiting there.

The GH5 and maybe the firmware updates to the Blackmagics will be announced then. Also, a few other M4/3rd announcements, and some more from Sony, I am guessing. 

Also, I am guessing Panasonic is going to announce something seriously pathbreaking. Don't wanna say what it is. Let's wait until September. 

Why don't you wanna say what you think they might announce?

Well, it was more broadcasty than the years before and so a little more boring than usual but we kind of saw new solutions for the cameras that we have. New and better LED lights, that Ikan 3.5" monitor/EVF that I want to see reviewed for the BMMCC, the crazy Edelkrone jib, the DJI X5 rig... Boring but still entertaining.