GH3 color shifting LCD screen?

XXX

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes mine has it too.  I thought there was something really wrong until I looked at it straight on.  Distracting and a pain in the ass, but it's workable.  At least the color is accurate, rather than the GH2 being completely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve recently shot with the C300 and it´s LCD seems to be on the greenish side, no matter what angle you see it from.

So I guess, considering the GH3s price point, we´ve been still served well...

I'm just wondering if it's a certain group of cameras. It only seems like a few people are complaining about the problem. It's a blatent defect, in my opinion.

• Administrators

It isn't a defect.

All LCDs shift colour and contrast when viewed from an extreme angle.

Since it is an articulated screen just angle it straight to your line of sight!

An articulated OLED... Want better? Wait till the 2020 technology comes out!

• Administrators

Still would rather take the benefits of OLED technology than this slight disadvantage.

It is more like a colour temperature shift to cooler tones than a green shift. I do see it, more like at 30-45 degrees than 10 but it hasn't really bothered me because I use the screen for composition and exposure not colour correction!

@AaronChicago The GH2 also did this with the Auto brightness.  I really hate it, and it really screwed my exposure before I figured it out.  Although the color shift is annoying, at least the colors are spot-on.  I can actually shoot without an external monitor.  Can't say the same about the GH2's crappy LCD with it's wonky colors.

Thanks for the help. I didn't own a GH2, and I know alot of you guys are familiar with the design of these cameras. I previously used mostly Canon cameras. I'm thoroughly impressed with the GH3 image. Overall better than the Canon's that I owned. I must say that I'm a bit disappointed in ergonomics and features for the most part. When connected to a RedRock rig, and external monitor it's not much of an issue though.