SLR Magic 1.33x-40

Brian Caldwell

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Tito Ferradans said:

Thanks, guys!

Lots of people weren't fans of Image Quality, according to the comments on the review. I think it would be better on a smaller sensor. :)

I think you might be right about this looking better on a smaller sensor. I wish they could redesign their gigantic 2x and have one of those similar to this, in terms of size, cause this looks really convenient. 

7 hours ago, Tito Ferradans said:

I think it would be better on a smaller sensor. :)

Very nice to see a new review Tito, always happy to get a notification of a new video of yours! On topic: as SLR Magic specifically markets this as a MFT/S35 solution, I wondered why you didn't use it as such (S35 mode on your A7S2)? I realize time is a scarce commodity, but this not-quite stellar FF performance perhaps leads us to criticizing the lens on a performance it was not intended for...

40 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Very nice to see a new review Tito, always happy to get a notification of a new video of yours! On topic: as SLR Magic specifically markets this as a MFT/S35 solution, I wondered why you didn't use it as such (S35 mode on your A7S2)? I realize time is a scarce commodity, but this not-quite stellar FF performance perhaps leads us to criticizing the lens on a performance it was not intended for...

They mention it being used with full frame in their B & H listing.

"Please note that SLR Magic cautions that for full frame work a 75mm taking lens is required, a 50mm taking lens may only cover when your camera is in APS-C or S35/APS-C sensor mode. When using this adapter on a 25mm , the image will cover a Four Thirds sensor."

4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Thanks Timotheus! I'm happy to hear!

Yeah, I thought about that, but if I didn't test it on full frame, people would be asking about that. And to figure out APS-C, you can disregard most of the edges anyway and visualize with... *the power of your mind!*. hahahahaha. Just kidding on that last bit, but I think it's easier to estimate APS-C performance from full frame footage than the other way around. What do you think?

5 hours ago, Tito Ferradans said:

Thanks Timotheus! I'm happy to hear!

Yeah, I thought about that, but if I didn't test it on full frame, people would be asking about that. And to figure out APS-C, you can disregard most of the edges anyway and visualize with... *the power of your mind!*. hahahahaha. Just kidding on that last bit, but I think it's easier to estimate APS-C performance from full frame footage than the other way around. What do you think?

Mind power cropping! Should be able to manage...now on to mind power desqueezing! :-p

Found another test vid btw, not too bad either.

6 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Mind power cropping! Should be able to manage...now on to mind power desqueezing! :-p

Found another test vid btw, not too bad either.

I like the social quirkiness of this test!

And mind power desqueezing is already enabled for me. I don't have a monitor for 90% of my shots. The best I have is 4:3 frame guides when using 2x scopes. :P

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had a chance to use this adapter, with the loxia 35mm on sony a7riii or a7iii ...

I guess it cant do FF on the 35mm loxia but can on the 50mm..

I would like to see some videos of this with the loxia glass..

I messaged SLR magic and said I would do some shooting with my loxia set, but no response..

They prob. dont want ppl to see the bright blue AWFUL banding that shows up on these adapters..

I have seen the taking lenses used in a few reviews but never an in depth review with the loxia line.

I am interested in investing in an adapter for anamorphics but I will not accept that bright blue banding...

My 2 biggest things are lightweight, and single focus.. From reviews I have done it looks like my best option will be the isco micro red...

I do want some flares, so maybe the mciro with the loxia isnt the best pairing.. I want some flares, but not CRAZY AWFUL BLUE flares..

Anyone have any links for footage with loxia line being used on newer sony a7r series

thanks