Pocket Cinema Camera RAW with ARRI AlEXA lut

armen bojikian

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/16/2016 at 7:05 PM, DBounce said:

Armen, why is it soooo dark looking? I seldom see bright lively footage from Blackmagic cameras.

Dark?  I think it look good probably used ND filter since its outside on sunny day plus film emulation. But to blame camera . Maybe he should have use best camera in the world (CAMERA NAME HERE PLEASE) instead of BMPCC. Yeah Armen why are you not using best camera in the world instead of BMPCC

It just looks like the highlights aren't blown all the way, so to keep some contrast, the dark areas get really dark. That's how I see a lot of bright-ish daylight videos. Stylistic in grading I would think, nothing to do with the camera, which has plenty of dr to change up the grade, and I don't dislike this look at all

Nice Armen.

I've been using the Arri Alexa profile settings from Film Convert on my BMPCC footage & especially if I ETTR (use zebras @ 100% & move ND just below clipping). It really does something else to the footage, when BMs own colour space is so lacking.

Did a Timelapse experiment/test for a music video (posted in the Screening Room) & found I had to lower the exposure by 3/4 stops when using the Arri cLog profile, but it did introduce a little bit of a green tint & you need to up the saturation a lot.

• 1 month later...

To my eyes, BMPCC footage has heavy blue (or maybe cyan?) saturation. Look at the skies in the video above: a beautiful, but not completely natural blue. I see this in a lot of exterior footage shot with the BM cameras. Is this blue cast due to color grading in post? Or does the BM color science amp up the blue saturation? I wonder if this is one of the qualities that people (me included!) perceive as "filmic."