Predictions for NAB

DBounce

I'll go first... I say Sony will announce a new full frame E-mount full body camera. Not sure what the specs will be, but I fully expect this camera (A99?) to be Sonys answer to Canon's 1DX Mkii. 
What do you think? And do you have any predictions of your own?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, DBounce said:

I'll go first... I say Sony will announce a new full frame E-mount full body camera. Not sure what the specs will be, but I fully expect this camera (A99?) to be Sonys answer to Canon's 1DX Mkii. 
What do you think? And do you have any predictions of your own?

I'd love to see Sony introduce a bigger version of the A7 series of cameras that take the same lenses. More ergonomic, better battery life etc etc. Something around the size of an NX1 or a little bigger. I think this would sell really well. Will be interesting to see what they release.

6 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I think Blackmagic, Canon or a Wild-Card company will release my future B-Cam. I dont think Panasony will do it.

If Panasonic releases a "Varicam LT Lite" then I think that will tempt many of us here on EOSHD! ;-) But certainly not expecting that at this NAB

• Super Members
35 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

If Panasonic releases a "Varicam LT Lite" then I think that will tempt many of us here on EOSHD! ;-) But certainly not expecting that at this NAB

Think your right. Panasonic has the potential but it doesnt feel like we are there yet.

I guess BMD is the most likely but Im not counting out others like Bolex , Craft, etc. 

BTW, many of us get serious G.A.S during NAB. This year I might have a cure. Instead of following the "Wait until NAB", Im unboxing my very own LS300 today :)

EDIT: That reminds me, for the first NAB, JVC is under the loupe. Hopefully they release the 120p to be able to promote it as current. And who knows, maybe something new.

I'm crossing my fingers that NOTHING interesting in the 360 VR world in my "affordable" end of the segment gets announced :P :P 
As if so, then I can go ahead with my plans for a 360 video rig! :D YAY

But if something game changing does get announced which is affordable and great, then I might need to chuck out all my work in researching the rig I want to build, and instead decide if I want to buy this instead??

So fingers crossed for a quite NAB on the affordable 360 video front ;-) 

• Super Members

The new Blackmagic stuff always gets presented the Sunday before (posters at the booth) witch means its the first thing I see online when I wake up tomorrow :)

I hope for my new B-cam. Otherwise I will use the bmpcc or 5dmkiii for another year.

But one rumor I really hope is true, is the Sony a9. 

Currently Im totally burned on Sony. Im not buying anything else from them untill they redesign from the start. I sold my rx100iv today and it feels good.

But if the a9 is true and shoot raw, I will totally give them a chance.  I want a B-cam for Raw, Lowlight, stills and, I know it sounds stupid, wifi. I use wifi every single day to send photos.

If Blackmagic releases something I want its probably 6 months away and I still need something for stills. Last NAB they didnt release anything I wanted. The two years before they did. So its a 50/50.