Exploring "ST" command

MountneerMan

I figured since prefman has a topic I would make one for “ST”.

There seems to be quite a few interesting things that can be done with this command particularly in the cap function. https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/blob/c05a707fe540a086877cb1c1d103c466f25b2ed2/ST%20Commands.md

Has anyone played around with this command a bunch?

I have played around with it a bit but I am not very good with all this stuff so it takes me a lot longer than perhaps some others, plus I do not have a lot of free time to mess around with(though I am sure this is the case for most people on here).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

Any idea what can be "nrmenable 0 - 1 (0:off/1:on)"? Noise reduction in movie mode? :-) 

Yeah I was wondering about that myself.

I am also curious about the following commands as well

• startfisheye
  • stopfisheye
  • setpath 0 - 2(0:OTF/1:IPCout/2:RawOut/3:Ldc Out/4:120FPS OTF/5:120FPS IPC out
  • stremmode [0 – 14]
  • sensorframerate 240
  • outputframerate 240
  • dataframerate 240

Hopefully I will have some time to play around with it this sunday.

21 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

Yeah I was wondering about that myself.

I am also curious about the following commands as well

• startfisheye
  • stopfisheye
  • setpath 0 - 2(0:OTF/1:IPCout/2:RawOut/3:Ldc Out/4:120FPS OTF/5:120FPS IPC out
  • stremmode [0 – 14]
  • sensorframerate 240
  • outputframerate 240
  • dataframerate 240

Hopefully I will have some time to play around with it this sunday.

They are all in the st cap live commands tree which are changes to the live view screen (EVF or LCD) and don't effect capture to SD card.

1 hour ago, hirsti said:

They are all in the st cap live commands tree which are changes to the live view screen (EVF or LCD) and don't effect capture to SD card.

IC, thank you that makes sense.

Do you know what the command "st cap live sd dump [1-5]" does? from what I understand doesn't ML get RAW video by dumping the live view data to the SD card? I could be completely wrong about that thought.

EDIT: @hirsti, do you know what the command is to turn on video standby mode? I am curious to know if putting the NX1 in video stby will save the video the setting mile prefman save does.

11 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

IC, thank you that makes sense.

Do you know what the command "st cap live sd dump [1-5]" does? from what I understand doesn't ML get RAW video by dumping the live view data to the SD card? I could be completely wrong about that thought.

EDIT: @hirsti, do you know what the command is to turn on video standby mode? I am curious to know if putting the NX1 in video stby will save the video the setting mile prefman save does.

Not sure what what the st cap live sd options do, to be honest when I have tried them they don't seem to do anything. Although otto has referenced them in his doc as st cap dp ??

Easiest way to get video standby is to do a st key click right.

If you want to save the video preferences this way you will need to do a sleep 1 between the key presses, any quicker and it doesn't work all the time.  Be careful though as some of the settings do not get saved this way.

On the NX1 I use prefman save.  This causes a reboot but saves all the settings.  With going into preview and back out it doesn't save such settings as PAL or NTSC.
Unfortunately the prefman save doesn't work on the NX500 (the save works but it doesn't do a reboot and update the menu)

2 hours ago, hirsti said:

Not sure what what the st cap live sd options do, to be honest when I have tried them they don't seem to do anything. Although otto has referenced them in his doc as st cap dp ??

Easiest way to get video standby is to do a st key click right.

If you want to save the video preferences this way you will need to do a sleep 1 between the key presses, any quicker and it doesn't work all the time.  Be careful though as some of the settings do not get saved this way.

On the NX1 I use prefman save.  This causes a reboot but saves all the settings.  With going into preview and back out it doesn't save such settings as PAL or NTSC.
Unfortunately the prefman save doesn't work on the NX500 (the save works but it doesn't do a reboot and update the menu)

Just had a little play and you are better off using the following for the NX500 to save prefman changes, you still have the issue where some settings don't get saved but you don't need the sleep in between commands.  This goes into playback and then back out as movie standby doesn't save the settings, in fact it resets a lot of the movie related ones.

st app nx key single pb; st app nx key single pb