I'll be at NAB, what would you like me to check out?

Jonesy Jones

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Please check this out if you see the 360heros stand, looks sick!

http://www.360heros.com/2016/04/360heros-debuts-blackmagic-design-vr-360-video-line/

Jimmy, I saw this today in passing. I thought, "is this what he wanted to hear about" and then thought, "nah, he wanted a 1 camera solution." So, point being, I feel like I'm failing you here. I can go back there, but what should I get? To me, it looked like a few micros, not like a product. Like you could do that with any small, or large, camera. So I can't stress it enough, what exactly should I ask? I can easily get a few detailed shots. 

Also, I am going to visit the Nokia booth, which is where the other VR and augmented reality booths are. So I should do better tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Jimmy, I saw this today in passing. I thought, "is this what he wanted to hear about" and then thought, "nah, he wanted a 1 camera solution." So, point being, I feel like I'm failing you here. I can go back there, but what should I get? To me, it looked like a few micros, not like a product. Like you could do that with any small, or large, camera. So I can't stress it enough, what exactly should I ask? I can easily get a few detailed shots. 

Also, I am going to visit the Nokia booth, which is where the other VR and augmented reality booths are. So I should do better tomorrow.

The difference with this one is that they are all synced,.so act more like one camera....price and expected shipping  are the obvious questions... But really what I'd like to hear is what you think about the VR experience with this footage, assuming they have a way to test it out... Does it look sharp, is it using noticeable fish eye, how does the 3 cam rig look compared to the 7 cam?

Thanks,.jimmy

27 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The difference with this one is that they are all synced,.so act more like one camera....

Yup from the moment I saw that BMD had put that expansion port on their BMMCC I was expecting this kind of product to arrive! A perfect use for the expansion port on the side of the BMMCC

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

The difference with this one is that they are all synced,.so act more like one camera....price and expected shipping  are the obvious questions... But really what I'd like to hear is what you think about the VR experience with this footage, assuming they have a way to test it out... Does it look sharp, is it using noticeable fish eye, how does the 3 cam rig look compared to the 7 cam?

Thanks,.jimmy

Ok. But there is nothing happening with that display. What you saw is all that it is. No footage. Just that rig in the case. But maybe I missed something. I'll go back and see.

Hey Jones, can you take pictures?

If so can you go by the Tilta booth and take a couple pictures of the new cage systems for the a7sii and specifically the Red weapon cage system. If they have a full blown system with Matte box and follow focus take a few pics from different angles.

Thanks in advance. Also ask permission before taking pics thanks again.

On April 20, 2016 at 7:09 AM, mkabi said:

Hey Jones, can you take pictures?

If so can you go by the Tilta booth and take a couple pictures of the new cage systems for the a7sii and specifically the Red weapon cage system. If they have a full blown system with Matte box and follow focus take a few pics from different angles.

Thanks in advance. Also ask permission before taking pics thanks again.

I was only able to be at NAB for the first two days. So unfortunately no more recon for me, until next year.