Rotolight rl48

PatrickV

Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy a rotolight rl48. I've seen some movies and i'm really impressed.
At the moment i am using no light at my shooting. What do u guys think of this rotolight rl48?

Here an example:
[url=http://vimeo.com/13392610]ProFusion Presents: Rod Gammons discusses the new Rotolight RL48[/url]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
To me it's one of my best investments from last year. It actually got me into using my GH2 for portrait photography also, just because it's so easy and cool to experiment with lighting. I've got two of them, with the color-filter pack, which is a great deal. The difference a good lighting setup makes, even one as simple as a two-light Rotolight setup, is amazing.

Brightness varies a bit depending on your batteries so make sure you put in top-level alkaline batteries for the best performance. Oh, and expect the mounting-clamps to be a weak spot. The lights click in them very easily, but a slight push can also drop them out again. Had a number of instances where my Rotolights fell from their tripods, but thankfully they're pretty robust and can take a fall or three...

Anyway, the idea that you have these pocket-sized light-solution which basically runs on a few batteries makes it a brilliant option for me, especially when your on location a lot of the time.