CoreMelt releases new LUT plugin for FCPX

bluefonia

Here is the link: http://www.coremelt.com/products/lutx.html?utm_source=CoreMelt+Subscribers&utm_campaign=0ffe0c1015-LUTx&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_01ba29c9ef-0ffe0c1015-366352285&goal=0_01ba29c9ef-0ffe0c1015-366352285&mc_cid=0ffe0c1015&mc_eid=549ff42fce

It has some really nice features, - among them is the best preview and before-after function I have seen until now. Includes camera specific LUTS. Can import LUTs form other vendors too. And it is cheap, - intro offer $29.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have played around with the trial for a hours time now. So far I like it. The adjustments for the lows/mids/highs are indeed nice, but what I like almost the most is the swipe function (the white cursor that appears in the player window) for checking before and after LUTs and other adjustments. This I find extremely helpfull as it helps you not to overdo any adjustments.

That does sound cool. I am actually a fan of the M31(orange and teal) look, but a lot of times the teal will blow out lighter colors in the highs, so the ability to adjust the highs to next to nothing, could really help get some great looks. 

I just downloaded the trial and I really must say that this is a cool plug in. I honest don't need the 15 days to decide to buy it. I did a quick "look." This shot was taken with the FZ300. The first grab is corrected and balanced. The second is graded using the CoreMelt PlugIn... I think it was High Contrast.

FZ300 CineLikeD.jpg

FZ300 CineLikeD - CM HC.jpg

Looks good....

I just made a quick test too. Here is a frame grab from some GH4 V-LOG test footage: the original ungraded log-file and a very quick grade. This plugin has a very fast workflow and you get nice results very easily even without using all the features.

I have imported the luts I already had, - Impulz, Osiris and  WLTBAP - into LUTx. Works flawless and they also appear in the preview- and swipe feature in LUTx, - nice. 

So, - I just send $29 to CoreMelt...

V-LOG.jpg

LUT.jpg

Yeah, I'll have to mess with it more, but it seems like a very simple and effective tool. I have been using color finale and I think a combo of the two could be great. Color finale for exposure and balancing and LUT-X for a quick look. Of course, if you use the RGB Parade, you could balance your color with this plug in as well. 

I also have ColorFinale. Agreed, - I think a combonation of the two would be optimal.

I find the color wheels in CF too small and not very precise to work with and having to actually add a LUT before you see the results is cumbersome imo.. I do like the vectors and curves a lot and the ability to stack/reorder different corrections/LUTs.

A mix of these CF features with LUTx´s  browser, preview, RGB-sliders and masks in one plugin would make an almost ideal solution.

I messed around with it a little more this morning with some of my first shots with the G7. This was shot in CineLikeD with a Cosmicar c-mount lens. The first grab is... Straight Outta Camera. And the second I adjusted the curves in Color Finale and then used LUTx and their free LUT... I think it was Maxximus.

G7 + Cosmicar.jpg

G7 + Cosmicar + LUTx 2.jpg

Okay, this is the last test. I really like this plug in. It works really well with Color Finale and for 30 bucks, there's no reason not to have it. With this one, the original was shot in CineLikeD with my Tokina 35mm f2 lens. With the LUTx version I did a basic curve in Color Finale and then used the Nikon Camera LUT and the Candy Crush LUT.

G7 + Tokina 35mm + CineLikeD .jpg

G7 + Tokina 35mm + CineLikeD + LUTx.jpg

Hi, ok I do work for CoreMelt so I am biased but just wanted to say that we really think this is rock solid to load every LUT you might have or find on the internet.  If you find any LUTs that it won't load we'll give you a free license if you send us the LUT so we can fix it.  And feel free to make suggestions for improvements we will be doing regular updates to this.

1 hour ago, Roger Bolton said:

Hi, ok I do work for CoreMelt so I am biased but just wanted to say that we really think this is rock solid to load every LUT you might have or find on the internet.  If you find any LUTs that it won't load we'll give you a free license if you send us the LUT so we can fix it.  And feel free to make suggestions for improvements we will be doing regular updates to this.

If you added a curve adjustment, this would be sick. I am a huge fan of Color Finale as an all purpose, fully formed color tool, but the LUTx adjustments are genius, so if you guys would give me one less effect in the inspector by having a simple curve adjustment tool... That would be great!!!