How is video business in your area/country?

Oliver Daniel

I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia and it`s a mixed bag. If you don`t like doing wedings like me you might have a hard time as a freelancer. But there is an upside...we have a ton of reality shows, like 10 of them a year :) so I can work on one of those for a few months as an operator, ENG, DOP...whatever and I will make enough to take a couple of months off after that. In that time I can do whatever I want and film my own projects. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Reporting from Warsaw in Poland.

Video is OK here. I have a mate who is self sifficient with a GH4. I have another mate with his own Red Epic - also does well for himself.

Its mostly a game of who you know in the biz, if you want hi-end work and for the wedings, corpo jobs etc... a good reel and a reasonable price is key. I Have tendered for a job alongside a friend and charged double what he asked for and got the job. Thus I learned that of you are going to under charge, you will only attract flies (lots of buzzing and fussing over s##t).

Its all about networking and delivering consistently. I never do spec work and favours BTW...