All Samsung Lenses are discontinued

DPStewart

10 hours ago, Zach Goodwin said:

You have a wide variety of vintage lenses that can kick more ass than a digital lens believe me. Why has no one even tried Exakta lenses in their short films here?

Yeah...and we have them... But that really doesn't hep much for using the NX1 for stills. I grew up shooting manual film cameras...but you still miss 90% of the shots you can get with a stabilized auto-focus lens. Without this my NX1 is of MUCH LESS value to me.

Plus, the "S" series lenses can provide some of THE BEST video auto-focus of any video camera short of a Canon C300 mk II. And sometimes that DOES make a difference on a shoot.

11 hours ago, The Chris said:

That would assume there's a strong demand, which isn't the case. Also, they're still available new in Korea. Prices without new bodies are only going to decline as the NX fades away. 

The fact that there are so few of the S"S series lenses available at all on eBay USA and that the lowest price I saw last week at all was $800....that shows that there in fact IS a pretty strong demand for these lenses...and it's going to get WORSE once the NX1 owners all find out that production of them has stopped and they realize they can;t put off the purchase any longer.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, DPStewart said:

Yeah...and we have them... But that really doesn't hep much for using the NX1 for stills. I grew up shooting manual film cameras...but you still miss 90% of the shots you can get with a stabilized auto-focus lens. Without this my NX1 is of MUCH LESS value to me.

Plus, the "S" series lenses can provide some of THE BEST video auto-focus of any video camera short of a Canon C300 mk II. And sometimes that DOES make a difference on a shoot.

The fact that there are so few of the S"S series lenses available at all on eBay USA and that the lowest price I saw last week at all was $800....that shows that there in fact IS a pretty strong demand for these lenses...and it's going to get WORSE once the NX1 owners all find out that production of them has stopped and they realize they can;t put off the purchase any longer.

In the last few weeks you can count the number of 16-50's sold on two hands, hardly a large demand, and a few sold in the $750 range. This will be a $500 lens in 6 months. There's no rush because there are plenty of new lenses available and you can buy brand new ones from Asia where it's still being sold. Some are listed higher, but anyone that pays $1000 for this lens is an idiot. There's no demand because they're easy to find. 

http://shopping.naver.com/detail/detail.nhn?nv_mid=7428165574&cat_id=50004604&frm=NVSCPRO&query=%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%EC%82%BC%EC%84%B1+16-50mm+2.0

1,045,000 won = ~$900

Although a lot of these sites have the nx1 body listed for sale but when I called they said they were sold out.

The used nx1 + lens market in Korea is pretty active. Nx1 value packs (nx1+16-50mm os+battery grip+extra battery) are always up for sale around $1600.

I was watching closeout sale of NX500(500$ US) and thinking if I should pick one up. Used were selling slightly north of 400. Now after sale is gone and NX500 sold out(aside from sellers who still sells it for 800 original retail price) used prices jumped to about 500 and I won't be surprised if they would go even slightly higher. I am sure eventually they would go down, but it probably not gonna happen until late this year if not later.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Yeah and if we have to wait until the end of the year for that to happen then I'm sure by then other interesting options will be on the table as well

Exactly this is the reason I listed my NX500 on eBay this week. Of course, when I was getting it ready to list, I remembered how amazingly ergonomic and light, yet solid the camera is. I had second thoughts for a minute, but for me I have no interest in hacking it and there are plenty of good options out there. So, it must go.

the nx1 will be a solid camera forever. especially if you adapt manual glass, if this is totally dead in 10 years, it'll still be awesome and likely an incredible bargain. I'm sure new cameras will be fine too though, I just can't see the image ever sucking in comparison. we already have raw 6k, and the nx1 looks great. Didn't digital bolex start their company saying they're only doing the one camera? they've updated firmware, but you'll never need to "upgrade", obviously, what's more to want? - maybe I'm mistaken about that though... not a ridiculous concept. your camera being discontinued now is better than upgrading every time sony tells you to

Man @Liam is right. The nx1 body will be great for a long time to come especially with adapted glass. The only way ill give mine up is if the GH5 is some kinda overpowered lab grown monster lol.

im currently interested in picking up great (but cheap) samsung glass for the autofocus. Latelly the way I been shooting accurate af would come in handy for my documentary work

• Super Members

You know what Samsung should have done. Used the m4/3 mount.

Its free to use. It covers the sensor. Many MFT lenses cover the whole sensor, some would be good for crop mode. Their own lenses would have been very popular among GH4/e-m5/etc users. More people would have taken the plunge or bought the nx500 as backup.

25 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Its free to use. It covers the sensor. Many MFT lenses cover the whole sensor, some would be good for crop mode. Their own lenses would have been very popular among GH4/e-m5/etc users. More people would have taken the plunge or bought the nx500 as backup.

Would've been a joy to use with voigtlanders f0.95 line up of lenses for m43

21 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I would have much preferred for meta-bones to just have made a speed booster for EF.

Brian Caldwell stated long ago that an NX booster isn't feasible, as the mount is too narrow and long, with too much stuff inside it (contact pins, shutter cover etc)- there just isn't enough room for the speedbooster optics. So a m4/3 mount would indeed have been much better in this case.

The dreamer in me hopes that Samsung is letting NX die so they can come back in a year or two with a new, much shorter and wider mount, that allows for a full-frame sensor, speedboosters, internal NDs and unlimited adaptability (and backwards compatibility with NX via an OEM adapter). Basically their equivalent of E-mount. Then their superior tech would be free to dominate.

On Wednesday, April 06, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Mattias Burling said:

This. x100 x1000 x10000

However it is easy to see that NOW with hindsight. But when the first NX camera  came out the MFT system was still very young, & it probably seemed easy to catch up with at the time.