All Samsung Lenses are discontinued

DPStewart

The "S" series lenses are already unavailable from B&H Photo and Adorama, and Adorama lists ALL their remaining Samsung lenses as "Closeout".

So much for the "lenses being available for a long time"....
How many of the good ones ever even made it out into the public I wonder...
Bummer.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, DPStewart said:

The "S" series lenses are already unavailable from B&H Photo and Adorama, and Adorama lists ALL their remaining Samsung lenses as "Closeout".

NOooooooooooooooooooooo. I don't even have a single S lens. 

4 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

Too bad. I have most nx lenses and some of those I was able to get for decent/good prices. But it's so sad to see such a great system slowly disappearing w/o a formal announcement.

NX is far from being a great system. The NX1 was great, and the S lenses are nice (though large) but the rest of the lens lineup is weird, not very video friendly, with lots of gaps at common FL's and the flashes suck. The other NX cameras fall short of the promise of the NX1. It was a great start, but not much of a system. 

3 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Prepare to grab these lenses for dirt cheap on ebay

With fewer lenses out there than NX1 bodies - I'm worried it's going to be the opposite.
If you happen to NEED the auto-focus or IS and want the "S" series lens...I could see them selling for twice retail because there are so few of them out there. Maybe 1 for every 10 bodies sold.

5 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Damn that would be fckd up but I can see it happenning @DPStewart

Already happening.

Today on eBay-USA there are only about 8 of the 18-55mm "S" series lenses on offer. 3 of them are new from Korea and well over $1,000 USD. Of the used ones - the cheapest one is $800.

yeah...this is not going to be fun.

15 hours ago, DPStewart said:

With fewer lenses out there than NX1 bodies - I'm worried it's going to be the opposite.
If you happen to NEED the auto-focus or IS and want the "S" series lens...I could see them selling for twice retail because there are so few of them out there. Maybe 1 for every 10 bodies sold.

That would assume there's a strong demand, which isn't the case. Also, they're still available new in Korea. Prices without new bodies are only going to decline as the NX fades away. 

Funny that you guys posted this today.

The Best Buy near me in Vancouver (Grandville and Robson) has a Samsung feature department/section where they have all their phones, tablets and TVs on display. It is seriously bigger than the apple section and they have one small case where they had 4 or 5 lenses and an NX30 on display for the longest time. Even after Samsung cameras left the Canadian market the display was still there for months. Anyways I was in there yesterday and the display case is now empty. Lol everyone panic…. Your NX1 is going to stop working immediately especially with adapted lens.

On another note I am meeting with someone tomorrow to look at buying his Olympus OM 50mm f/1.8. Anyone use this lens on the NX1?

34 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

On another note I am meeting with someone tomorrow to look at buying his Olympus OM 50mm f/1.8. Anyone use this lens on the NX1?

I have used it once or twice with my NX500 (which I'm selling) and it's a nice little combo. The OM lenses are very contrasty and sharp. The 50mm 1.8 are very cheap on eBay and there are a ton of them. I also have the 28mm f2... a beautiful little lens (am selling that too) They're great lenses, I just already have waaaaayyyyy tooooo many lenses, so some have to go.

19 hours ago, DPStewart said:

The problem is that if your theory is true, then that will lead to a sell off of NX1s. If current casual users, cannot get lenses for reasonable prices, they will sell their bodies and move on. But I predict these lenses will start getting very cheap by the end of the summer... probably sooner.

Just now, mercer said:

I have used it once or twice with my NX500 (which I'm selling) and it's a nice little combo. The OM lenses are very contrasty and sharp. The 50mm 1.8 are very cheap on eBay and there are a ton of them. I also have the 28mm f2... a beautiful little lens (am selling that too) They're great lenses, I just already have waaaaayyyyy tooooo many lenses, so some have to go.

That is good to know. The guy is selling his lens for $40 CAD witch is pretty good considering the adapter is going to cost more than that lol.

How is it for flaring? I love a high contrast super sharp lens flare... J.J. Abrams style lol.

10 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

That is good to know. The guy is selling his lens for $40 CAD witch is pretty good considering the adapter is going to cost more than that lol.

How is it for flaring? I love a high contrast super sharp lens flare... J.J. Abrams style lol.

I actually had both out when you asked, so I tested it with a lamp... and I couldn't get it to flare for the life of me. It is sharp and contrasty though. I have to stop using the NX500, every time I pick it up, I am so impressed with the ergonomics of that camera and how light it is. If I just liked the clinical look it shoves onto its images, I would keep it and get rid of the G7. Good luck with the OM 50mm!!!

18 minutes ago, mercer said:

I actually had both out when you asked, so I tested it with a lamp... and I couldn't get it to flare for the life of me. It is sharp and contrasty though. I have to stop using the NX500, every time I pick it up, I am so impressed with the ergonomics of that camera and how light it is. If I just liked the clinical look it shoves onto its images, I would keep it and get rid of the G7. Good luck with the OM 50mm!!!

Too bad regarding the flare but I guess It would be better to have the option to add a flare in post(tho I probably never would) then have an unwanted flare when I don't want it. I can't remember what lens it was but I was once playing around with a friends camera and the lens was constantly flaring. I swear it would flare even if the sun was behind you lol. I am pretty sure it was a Nikon/Nikor F mount lens and it was on a 60D but this was quite awhile ago.

28 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

Too bad regarding the flare but I guess It would be better to have the option to add a flare in post(tho I probably never would) then have an unwanted flare when I don't want it. I can't remember what lens it was but I was once playing around with a friends camera and the lens was constantly flaring. I swear it would flare even if the sun was behind you lol. I am pretty sure it was a Nikon/Nikor F mount lens and it was on a 60D but this was quite awhile ago.

Yeah, I love flares. I shot this video on the NX500 a while back.

That was shot with a Tokina AT-X 24-40mm. If you're looking for some lenses that flare nicely, those vintage Tokina lenses do the trick, but they are very low contrast.