Canon EOS-1D X Mark II - Footage

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, Don Kotlos said:

I hope the following image will convince anyone that pleasing skintones has much more to do with lighting, camera settings & color editing than the ability of any camera to capture them. 

That's just hard light... A sony in that situation would be terrible. 

3 minutes ago, BenEricson said:

That's just hard light... A sony in that situation would be terrible. 

In the specific example it is just bad WB setting, nothing to do with hard light. I have been using a Sony for quite some time now, and even in the worst light possible I can get much better skintones than this. I am not sure how you are so confident that a Sony would be terrible. 

15 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

In the specific example it is just bad WB setting, nothing to do with hard light. I have been using a Sony for quite some time now, and even in the worst light possible I can get much better skintones than this. I am not sure how you are so confident that a Sony would be terrible. 

This took me 20 seconds in looks. I use Sony footage all the time, theres no way a Sony at 12800 ISO on some S-Log setting could touch this.

Sequence 02.00_00_00_00.Still002.jpg

face.thumb.PNG.c66f896d4b18ca3d1f5c5a403def7de5.png

28 minutes ago, Germy1979 said:

You guys see this one?

I'm stoked about this camera too.  

Thats more like it! 

Lots of deep depth of field, plenty of detail, great color. I'll take it. 

From the video description:

"This video was shot entirely on the Canon 1DX Mark II in less than 12 hours and edited in 3. I have to tell you this camera is everything that we have been waiting for and so is this clothing line." 

23 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Good schtuff. Just... most looked like it could've been really well shot/extracted Canon 1080p. Or maybe that's because I've gotten used to hyperreal detail in cameras such as the GH4/NX1 by now.

OT, did you have the chance to try out the G7?

On Topic: That footage looks amazing. 

16 minutes ago, User said:

Does the Canon 1DX Mark II have focus peaking?

Nope, but it does touch focus as long as EF lenses are used.

Okay, see... focus peaking is for people that do manual focus (I know this, you know this, everyone on this forum knows this). And, for whatever creative purpose manual focusing is needed, which is a lot I know... but Canon believes in its focusing system. They believe that their auto-focus will replace manual focus. Why need a focus puller, when you can touch the bloody touch screen and its in focus. You want rack focus at a speed that you want, you set it in-camera (i.e. speed of focus), and then frame the shot, press record and touch the screen again... magic... blah blah blah... yada.. yada... yada...

1 hour ago, mercer said:

OT, did you have the chance to try out the G7?

Try? Yep, but I hooked it up to the 42.5mm f/1.7 OIS only so far. Didn't quite find the time for something elaborate or meaningful yet though, no cats or dogs around as subjects either :grimace: ; next few days I might try it with one of Andy's favourite set-ups, SB XL and Bourne lenses or those Contax Zeiss primes I really got to explore more now anyways. But initial impression: nice! Indeed so clean in the darkest parts, it's pretty damn impressive. I'm sorta used to Panasonics being pretty clean in the really dark areas and showing quite a bit of noise in the (lower) mids, this is kinda like that, but just better from the bottom up. Claims that it can trump the GH4 in image quality seem to be true. Otherwise, it handles and navigates much like the GH4 of course, just quite a bit lighter and plasticky (which has its advantages). Seems a steel for those 3990 SEK (~ 490 USD/435 EUR). The GH4 is still king for ergonomics, features and specs... but image quality wise and value has got to go to the G7 now. If you're still shootin a T2i these days or are just starting out... c'mon! Get with it!

<br>

But to get back to it... the 1D X MkII seems cool though. Especially if you just need it done well and fast. You can talk about how much Sony gear you could get for that price, but the thing I like most is to be out and shoot stuff. Sitting in an edit bay, editing getting frustrated at grading the footage, fixing, masking, sipping away at another Monster is not really my idea of having a good time. Besides, all that time = money anyways. I think it makes for a more interesting choice than the Nikon D5 or even the 1D C perhaps. 5DmkIII ML RAW certainly (dat workflow tho). Of course... everyone's now holding their breath for the 5DmkIV. Will it have 4K? Probably... the real question is... what's it like? What might they have done to protect the cinema line? But hey, I can't deny these are exciting times, even for Canon. Because they will have to make the switch at some point anyways. Can't believe they didn't jump on consumer-oriented 4K already.

Yeah, not sure what Canon's thinking. It's like they're saying 'you want mirrorless features? Well, buy a bloody mirrorless camera already, k, bye'. And I can only be like... 'eh... ok. That I will do'. I don't know, it feels like they pretend that's beneath them? That's so amature? Cute, get something else already, you're not ready to play with the big boys, you still need trainingwheels. But I guess they're missing the point.