Jump to content
瞿盛龙

Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Misaligned button caps on what is probably one of two demo/ working prototype TERRA's at NAB is not exactly an accurate sign of quality control for a final production run.

With the amount of people who will get their grubby hands on them during the show, I'm sure the buttons will correct themselves through finger touch friction which I'm sure will alleviate the very real concern we are all having at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

The labels, it looks cheap.Personally I wouldn't mind.

Ahh, I thought he meant the buttons. Nah wouldn't bother me either, Im sure the caps can be straighten out. Most likely Pre-Production model anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ahh, I thought he meant the buttons. Nah wouldn't bother me either, Im sure the caps can be straighten out. Most likely Pre-Production model anyway.  

I do mean the buttons... They do not appear to be labels. Power button is misaligned, as is SSD and LUT button. And if this is a pre-production model surely they're had time to go over it? And since no-one outside of Kinefinity has handle this unit at the time of this shooting, why should anything be less than perfect? I'll remain skeptical until I see evidence to prove this product will be reliable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I do mean the buttons... They do not appear to be labels. Power button is misaligned, as is SSD and LUT button. And if this is a pre-production model surely they're had time to go over it? And since no-one outside of Kinefinity has handle this unit at the time of this shooting, why should anything be less than perfect? I'll remain skeptical until I see evidence to prove this product will be reliable. 

Its just the caps, if the "Buttons where misaligned" I would expect them to not sit in a straight line from one another. The top part of pretty much any button is just a labled cap that is put on last. Either its snapped or glued in the wrong orientation or it might spin. Who knows, but the important parts of the buttons are on a straight line. So its a super easy fix for them that require zero engineering knowledge.

Yes, I think its very obvious to everyone that you are very very skeptical and one might even say against this camera ;)
Me, I will stick to not judging for or against until I've used it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2016 at 0:47 PM, Mattias Burling said:

Its just the caps, if the "Buttons where misaligned" I would expect them to not sit in a straight line from one another. The top part of pretty much any button is just a labled cap that is put on last. Either its snapped or glued in the wrong orientation or it might spin. Who knows, but the important parts of the buttons are on a straight line. So its a super easy fix for them that require zero engineering knowledge.

Yes, I think its very obvious to everyone that you are very very skeptical and one might even say against this camera ;)
Me, I will stick to not judging for or against until I've used it myself.

It's almost certain that they are not manufacturing their own microswitches, but buying in from a factory which makes microswitches for millions of different products. They will be the smallest of the small customers, and probably got sent switches with the wrong orientation of cap. It happens, especially with micro-scale initial orders, that's why pre-production exists, they will have discovered the error on assembly and that is the stage where they can correct it in their next order. Delaying their launch for such a hiccup would be business suicide, and that would be a decision that would make me question their reliablity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DayRaven said:

It's almost certain that they are not manufacturing their own microswitches, but buying in from a factory which makes microswitches for millions of different products. They will be the smallest of the small customers, and probably got sent switches with the wrong orientation of cap. It happens, especially with micro-scale initial orders, that's why pre-production exists, they will have discovered the error on assembly and that is the stage where they can correct it in their next order. Delaying their launch for such a hiccup would be business suicide, and that would be a decision that would make me question their reliablity.

Well I guess some people are just easier to please than others. As for judging, as I have not had any hands on time, I can only judge by what I see, and I see crooked buttons. If so easy to fix, why is it not fixed? Just makes me wonder what else is not fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DBounce said:

Well I guess some people are just easier to please than others. As for judging, as I have not had any hands on time, I can only judge by what I see, and I see crooked buttons. If so easy to fix, why is it not fixed? Just makes me wonder what else is not fixed.

We get it, your skeptical about the camera. Don't buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DBounce said:

Well I guess some people are just easier to please than others. As for judging, as I have not had any hands on time, I can only judge by what I see, and I see crooked buttons. If so easy to fix, why is it not fixed? Just makes me wonder what else is not fixed.

639.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

We get it, your skeptical about the camera. Don't buy it.

Anyone who isn't sceptical of any new camera is, well I dont want to be insulting here, but lets just say it's perfectly reasonable to be sceptical.  The flaw of buttons being rotated and even upside down is an embarrassing mistake that makes your product look bad even if it is just a mock up. Red or blackmagic, canon or anyone would get called out on that kind of thing.  Would the new iphone ever have writing upside down? I don't think so.  Im glad it was pointed out, because it does matter if you are considering spending $6000 on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MattH said:

Anyone who isn't sceptical of any new camera is, well I dont want to be insulting here, but lets just say it's perfectly reasonable to be sceptical.  The flaw of buttons being rotated and even upside down is an embarrassing mistake that makes your product look bad even if it is just a mock up. Red or blackmagic, canon or anyone would get called out on that kind of thing.  Would the new iphone ever have writing upside down? I don't think so.  Im glad it was pointed out, because it does matter if you are considering spending $6000 on one.

Fyi: It's $9k for the Terra 6k Pro Pack. I think a lot of the folks that have nothing but praise also really are not potential customers. People seriously considering this camera will be discriminating. And QC is very important as it is directly tied to reliability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly it's better to be skeptical and wait before judging to avoid disappointment as we can see today with the reliability and the many problems of the UM46.
Personally, I am a potential customer of the Terra 5K, very happy with my KineMAX and quite serene about the reliability of Kinefinity.
Yes, it's better to be patient before judging a camera but not necessary to exaggerate either because buttons being rotated. This is only a prototype.
Slowly but surely Kinefinity has made a reputation for making reliable professional camera with unique picture quality !

No more, not less !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being sceptical in the face of the unknown is often understandable but should not be considered as informed or even an intelligent opinion on anything. Until the facts are known, It is no less value than speculation. It is true that many tech giants would not dream to let a pre-release product hit the press without it in immaculate, production ready apperance, with every single aspect being identical to the final shipping model. But this company is not a giant and is still relatively 'unknown' to the masses even though they have been shipping working cameras for a few years to many happy customers. I think the issue that a few people may have is 'burnt finger syndrome' - where it's easy to identify a less familiar company  (or even better a 'foreign' company) that reveals a promise that many would assume is too good to be true, and are looking at the first sign to pick things apart. It's understandable to a certain degree, but remember this company has a track record of delivering cameras within a couple of months (not several months) of them being announced. This time of year when NAB is buzzing is where everything is a bombardment of crap to process all at once, having any solid knowledge or informed opinion on anything until anything actually ships is like listening to a group of old women gossiping. Let the dust settle, keep a healthy open mind, make an informed opinion before thinking to put some serious dough down on ordering anything expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...