Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

I expect this could be very very damaging to the likes of RED.  not so much Arri since they still deliver the top dog in terms of cameras.  But the fact that this little Terra shoots 6k and has a focal reducer pretty much means it outdoes everything except the upcoming 8k Dragon/Weapon.  The 1 stop increase in low light probably allows cleaner low light results too.  Looking at what I;ve seen from the Kinemax, it looks to me as good as I could ever imagine anyone needing for even the highest end productions.  The Terra uses exactly the same sensor so will likely deliver the same image.

You could buy 3 terras that are ready to shoot for the same price as a ready to shoot low end RED..  And even if the image were half as good as from a dragon sensor people looking at scarlets and ravens will now be looking at this little camera. and seeing $5000 extra in their bank for investment in lenses or other gear

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I hope there's no sponsor politics involved, that would be a shame. Although very unlikely.

Even EOSHD hasn't bothered yet, and this blog is usually very informative about Kine cameras.

(...)

Santa is up, but in my childhood :-)

49 minutes ago, SR said:

I love the size of the Terra. But I was wondering what kind of portable power solutions do users of such camera utilize for long day shoots without electricity nearby? Just carry a lot of V-mount batteries?

The camera use the same batteries as the sony FS apparently , and each run for one to two hours from what they say. They are quite small and 150 usd each .

3 minutes ago, Laurier said:

The camera use the same batteries as the sony FS apparently , and each run for one to two hours from what they say. They are quite small and 150 usd each .

The Sony BP-U30? That's insane. I thought I saw them rig up a v-mount size battery in the videos.

1 hour ago, SR said:

So with a v-mount battery, wouldn't that last almost all day?

You need a V-mount for the KINEback. 

The camera also comes with the KINEgrip which goes on the right side of the camera and takes Sony batteries. Bit like RED do with REDvolt batteries and a side grip. 

The key thing is you can strip down the camera to a small block that weighs hardly anything. 

8 hours ago, richg101 said:

I expect this could be very very damaging to the likes of RED.  not so much Arri since they still deliver the top dog in terms of cameras.  But the fact that this little Terra shoots 6k and has a focal reducer pretty much means it outdoes everything except the upcoming 8k Dragon/Weapon.  The 1 stop increase in low light probably allows cleaner low light results too.  Looking at what I;ve seen from the Kinemax, it looks to me as good as I could ever imagine anyone needing for even the highest end productions.  The Terra uses exactly the same sensor so will likely deliver the same image.

You could buy 3 terras that are ready to shoot for the same price as a ready to shoot low end RED..  And even if the image were half as good as from a dragon sensor people looking at scarlets and ravens will now be looking at this little camera. and seeing $5000 extra in their bank for investment in lenses or other gear

I remember seeing a couple of film films shot on the original KineRAW S35 and i was gobsmacked. The image was timeless and very organic looking. Clear with a lovely light grain. 

I prefer that over the Ursa Mini 4.6k which seems like a very powerful, very modern HDR-like image. Whatever floats your boat, but I prefer the Kine look. 

2 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

You need a V-mount for the KINEback. 

The camera also comes with the KINEgrip which goes on the right side of the camera and takes Sony batteries. Bit like RED do with REDvolt batteries and a side grip. 

The key thing is you can strip down the camera to a small block that weighs hardly anything. 

What about length of battery life with the v-mount (v-lock?) batteries on the KINEback?

18 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I'm really surprised that barely any of the major blogs are posting articles about the Kinefinity Terra - especially as it's the ONLY cinema camera at NAB with a lot of promise. 

I did notice that Cinema5d reported on the Terra shortly after it was announced, but they have pulled the article and not mentioned it since. 

Does anybody find that slightly suspicious that they did that.... I'd noticed that earlier and was wondering "why"!

I however have been doing my bit blogging with multiple articles on Kinefinity! :-)

As I agree it is a damn shame there is so little mainstream coverage  :-(

53 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Does anybody find that slightly suspicious that they did that.... I'd noticed that earlier and was wondering "why"!

I however have been doing my bit blogging with multiple articles on Kinefinity! :-)

Maybe the press release was in Chinese.

9 hours ago, SR said:

I love the size of the Terra. But I was wondering what kind of portable power solutions do users of such camera utilize for long day shoots without electricity nearby? Just carry a lot of V-mount batteries?

I recently did a shoot with a rented RED Epic Dragon. The package came with 5 V-Lock batteries and a dual charger. When we shot indoors, we simply kept 2 batteries on the charger at all times and swapped out as needed. At our outdoor locations, we made sure everything was charged beforehand and powered through the day, or had our DIT holed up at a coffee shop with a power strip and the charger and ran a PA over every now and then to grab the charged bricks.

I assume you'd use a similar style with the Terra, except that you could probably get by with 3 and change out less often due to the lower power draw. 

7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

At least someone is doing it. 

Another day has gone by and still very very little coverage for Kinefinity, even though they are releasing one of the most intriguing cameras in a long time. 

Odd. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Daniel said:

At least someone is doing it. 

Another day has gone by and still very very little coverage for Kinefinity, even though they are releasing one of the most intriguing cameras in a long time. 

Odd. 

To be fair, we have yet to see any footage from the new Terra cameras. Perhaps once footage is out interest will pickup?