Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

28 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I feel you're brave to order that before we've even seen any footage from it!

After all they're attempting what nobody has done before (global/rolling sensor), BMD tried and failed at it. 

It is fully refundable, isn't it? So, I guess that's not even a big deal for a small amount to begin with.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Zach Goodwin said:

Party pooper here, okay you guys do know that there probably was a lot of processing done to the footage? And all of that lighting isn't natural, like the eyelights and everything. You can not perfectly light indoors at night with just a camera and a household bulb. You can not, regardless of the camera, A7S and Sonys yes and maybe Canon. Others not so much. And there is make-up on the male and female actors for light to have its reaction towards the eyes.

watch his next video about vfx showreel.. nothing is real anymore :( haha

51 minutes ago, Zach Goodwin said:

Party pooper here, okay you guys do know that there probably was a lot of processing done to the footage? And all of that lighting isn't natural, like the eyelights and everything. You can not perfectly light indoors at night with just a camera and a household bulb. You can not, regardless of the camera, A7S and Sonys yes and maybe Canon. Others not so much. And there is make-up on the male and female actors for light to have its reaction towards the eyes.

So does every movie. Not all of them look that good.

21 hours ago, Zach Goodwin said:

On the other side you can t push a7s footage that far without having artifacts.(and I m not talking about greenscreen work).

You tend to get a lot of red color noise in the shadow with a a7s when you push a bit , and even neat video have trouble getting ride of it 

I just sold mine to get the Terra , even with a shogun ,8 bits is still 8 bits, and the colors, even if better than a GH4, are still far from any recent cinema camera  (I m a VFX artist/colourist btw). 

I m not saying that the terra will be mind blowing as there is no footage out yet , but from what I saw the kinefinity colors science is definitely not con/pro-sumer grade .

On 12 April 2016 at 6:13 AM, Zach Goodwin said:

Do you know that 99.9% of the film and TV series you watch all have artificial lighting, eye lights and everything? ;);) IMO it's the biggest factor to the feel and quality of the image, for any camera. 

Everything I shoot, I have lights set up. And make up. And sets. Locations. Actual real people doing actual things. 

This short shows the Kinemini 4k looks awesome in a controlled setup. There's really nice highlight rolloff and skin tones. :)

18 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Do you know that 99.9% of the film and TV series you watch all have artificial lighting, eye lights and everything? ;);) IMO it's the biggest factor to the feel and quality of the image, for any camera. 

Everything I shoot, I have lights set up. And make up. And sets. Locations. Actual real people doing actual things. 

This short shows the Kinemini 4k looks awesome in a controlled setup. There's really nice highlight rolloff and skin tones. :)

I really hope Kinefinity turns out to be great because it is depressing reading the latest on BM's UM46. In the past BM has eventually sorted it out, but it doesn't seem great at the moment. I will love it if Kinefinity turns out to be a solid solution. I am going to talk these guy's ears off next week. Maybe BM will have some good news too.

Btw, which model are you thinking? I'm looking at the Terra 6k. But the rolling shutter on their other cams seems horrendous. They're claiming this has been addressed... we'll see.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I really hope Kinefinity turns out to be great because it is depressing reading the latest on BM's UM46. In the past BM has eventually sorted it out, but it doesn't seem great at the moment. I will love it if Kinefinity turns out to be a solid solution. I am going to talk these guy's ears off next week. Maybe BM will have some good news too.

Btw, which model are you thinking? I'm looking at the Terra 6k. But the rolling shutter on their other cams seems horrendous. They're claiming this has been addressed... we'll see.

I also would love to learn that Kinefinity is a solid option, as so far the footage that I have seen looks pretty good. But questions remain.

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I'm looking at the 5k to be honest. 

The 6k version doesn't seem to have a 5k mode, whereas the 5k one does at 60fps. 5k 60fps is a better option than 6k in my opinion. 

Also the 5k has switchable shutters. The 6k doesn't. And the 5k is cheaper, but it's a new sensor. So no proof of image quality yet. 

Blackmagic have quality control issues, I think the prices reflect that fairly. But they should start announcing products they have made, rather than "hey, look what we are trying to make and it's available to pre-order". 

The weight, size and lack of extended HFR options put me off the Ursa Mini 4.6k. Even though it's a Mini, you can't ignore the sheer difference compared to the Terra.  Size and weight matters. If I buy bigger, everything else (such as my grip) has to be bigger too. Smaller is the future. 

8 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I'm looking at the 5k to be honest. 

The 6k version doesn't seem to have a 5k mode, whereas the 5k one does at 60fps. 5k 60fps is a better option than 6k in my opinion. 

Also the 5k has switchable shutters. The 6k doesn't. And the 5k is cheaper, but it's a new sensor. So no proof of image quality yet. 

Blackmagic have quality control issues, I think the prices reflect that fairly. But they should start announcing products they have made, rather than "hey, look what we are trying to make and it's available to pre-order". 

The weight, size and lack of extended HFR options put me off the Ursa Mini 4.6k. Even though it's a Mini, you can't ignore the sheer difference compared to the Terra.  Size and weight matters. If I buy bigger, everything else (such as my grip) has to be bigger too. Smaller is the future. 

Very well said. Thanks as always for your insights.

Interesting points about the 5K vs 6K. I actually misunderstood their announcement. I had assumed the items left off the 6k were there since the 5k has them and they just didn't want to be redundant. If you are correct, I think I'd be more interested in the 5K too. Can't wait to find out more.

3 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

They do have "sports mode" which massively reduces rolling shutter.

Also the new 5K sensor will have a global shutter