Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, TomasSunyer said:

The Russian Federation fronteers have gone back to the Soviet Union's good old days! Including the Associated Soviet state of Mongolia and Alaska. Also Algeria still belongs to France

Don't you mean the Russian Frederation, named after the mighty conquerer Tzar Fred the first, I presume

11 hours ago, Emanuel said:

And what about this funny world map...

http://www.kinefinity.com/kineteam/kine-linked/?lang=en

...?!

: - D

Maps are the fundamental part to a working camera. I hope RED got their map right or we're all doomed! ;)

Not sure why there is a lot of animosity against Kinefinity. They are offering excellent cameras to the market and people are in a huff puff about it. 

Just now, Oliver Daniel said:

Maps are the fundamental part to a working camera. I hope RED got their map right or we're all doomed! ;)

Not sure why there is a lot of animosity against Kinefinity. They are offering excellent cameras to the market and people are in a huff puff about it. 

I think people are being tongue in cheek about the map thing - I certainly am, and it was only one guy who seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder taking the prores thing seriously!

19 minutes ago, DayRaven said:

I think people are being tongue in cheek about the map thing - I certainly am, and it was only one guy who seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder taking the prores thing seriously!

I believe everyone here is being tongue and cheek.  I've yet to see a single owners review from any of the regular forum members here for any Kinefinity product. That speaks volumes. Nuff said.

50 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I believe everyone here is being tongue and cheek.  I've yet to see a single owners review from any of the regular forum members here for any Kinefinity product. That speaks volumes. Nuff said.

Haven't there been 2 or 3 people in this exact topic who've shared their overwhelmingly positive experiences with Kinefinity's cameras? Hasn't a Chinese resident explained that they have huge street cred and market share over there, in the second largest filmmaking industry in Earth? Haven't we seen some very impressive work shot with their last few cameras? 

To me, that speaks volumes. 'Nuff said.

14 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Haven't there been 2 or 3 people in this exact topic who've shared their overwhelmingly positive experiences with Kinefinity's cameras? Hasn't a Chinese resident explained that they have huge street cred and market share over there, in the second largest filmmaking industry in Earth? Haven't we seen some very impressive work shot with their last few cameras? 

To me, that speaks volumes. 'Nuff said.

Are you planning to buy one? Do you have an order in?

1 minute ago, DBounce said:

Are you planning to buy one?

Actually yeah! This whole thing got me really curious, and I've been in full on research mode the past week or so. Once I have the necessary capital, I plan to pick up one of the "battle-tested" Kinimini 4Ks from their website. In fact, I've been talking to some of my film school buddies, and one of them will be putting in his pre-order for a 5K Terra as soon as his tax return comes in. 

1 minute ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Actually yeah! This whole thing got me really curious, and I've been in full on research mode the past week or so. Once I have the necessary capital, I plan to pick up one of the "battle-tested" Kinimini 4Ks from their website. In fact, I've been talking to some of my film school buddies, and one of them will be putting in his pre-order for a 5K Terra as soon as his tax return comes in. 

I'm gonna ask @Rob Bannister to chip in on this discussion.  He's a user/owner of the kinemini 4k and from what I've seen him create with it, I started looking seriously into the kinemax as a primary camera for DSO rental purposes.  The plan was a camera and lens setup with loads of options as far as focal reducers, behind the lens filters etc - all the exciting stuff the sub-pl system permits!   

1 hour ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Same here.

But, that's even healthy, I guess, on that one we can all agree on, isn't it? So, the point on the map thing is only a funny note to fool around, no more no less.

To my book, I just take their offers and cameras technology much more serious than their geography literacy, that's for sure! XD

OK, I think now time for a personal story from someone I met some time ago when I was living in Hamburg... Chinese-born and translator for a few days in some fair to take place in Hannover then, English teacher in Beijing as full-time job, no absolute key who 'The Beatles' had been... Literally. So, is there better example in order to figure out what's going on here...? Some people called it 'cultural redvolution' some decades ago. I bet that's surely a (hi)story from past (a sad current reality for the North Korean neighbours either of Yesterday or of nowadays), as same as 'the boxers' more than a century ago, however, some traces still part of our lives today (a bit weird in the beginning of XXI century and steps ahead somewhere in the middle of the digital age, oh yeah, but seems what seems to be).

An optimistic note though: their international channels are up and they look like to feel a deep commitment with. That's what counts in the end, I hope :-)

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/292330/55-Days-At-Peking-Movie-Clip-Chinese-Rules.html

59 minutes ago, richg101 said:

The plan was a camera and lens setup with loads of options as far as focal reducers, behind the lens filters etc - all the exciting stuff the sub-pl system permits!   

Focal reducer for m4/3 crop mode? The KineEnhancer only gets super35 to almost full frame (1.1 I believe)

Built in ND mount adaptor?

Oval bokeh drop ins for mount adapter to kinemount like the DSO Trump system? 

:D

Im not going to read the pages and pages of wining going on here from people who have not owned a camera from kinefinity so please forgive me if I say something thats already been covered.

Kinefinity is totally a reliable company. I actually get great access to support online and they have been very open to suggestions. They added an anamorphic mode within 2 versions of the firmware. Kinestation is great, their codecs are great KRW is a lossless format that can be converted directly back to DNG (if its not shot in highspeed mode which is 4:4:4 not raw. I would say they push their cameras way further then any other company because they have no top end to gouge so why not make the cameras the best they can be.

Now for the cameras. Ive owned the Kinemini when it first came out and then upgraded my body to the Kinemini4k. I was about to upgrade to the kinemax but then the Terra got announced. Who doesnt want this camera??? You are crazy, just go and spend more money on a Red Camera then. I personally dont have $40k+ to spend on a cinema camera. The image on the kinemini4k is already lovely. A good mix or the red and Alexa honestly. The noise pattern is organic and the range is there.The kinemax 16fstops in Golden 3k, this sold me along with the highspeed options. Now with the Terra comes global shutter and 15/13 stops in a smaller body. I want one so I really hope none of you do so I get one faster.

I got Rich off the forumn here to modify a speedbooster for my Kinemini and then Kinefinity made one shortly after. They are a company who does listen I feel. The mount is awesome, its a sub PL mount with many options. The sensor is Super 35.....

I dont know what else to say really, its a sweet vcamera and Im glad I didnt go with the black magic cameras in the end or other cameras. If you really want to know more then just speculation you can join us users over at Kinecommunity and the Kinfinity User group on facebook.

Rob

3 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I'm seriously thinking about that too. Just need to work out how I can juggle the finances to a) pay for it & b) get work to make it worthwhile owning a 4K raw camera~

Plus there is the tricky issue of importing from China!! Hmmmm

3 hours ago, richg101 said:

I'm gonna ask @Rob Bannister to chip in on this discussion.  He's a user/owner of the kinemini 4k and from what I've seen him create with it, I started looking seriously into the kinemax as a primary camera for DSO rental purposes.  The plan was a camera and lens setup with loads of options as far as focal reducers, behind the lens filters etc - all the exciting stuff the sub-pl system permits!   

yes the sub-PL mount is one of the most attractive things about it over the URSA Mini 4K! The other big factor is it is better in low light than the URSA Mini 4K. 
If only Kinefinity KineMINI 4K had 4K 60fps like the URSA Mini 4K has then it would be a no brainer decision, as they're basically each the same price.

3 hours ago, richg101 said:

I started looking seriously into the kinemax as a primary camera for DSO rental purposes.

What is "DSO rental"??

Edit: ohhhh... "Dog Schidt Optiks". But would the KineMAX have much rental demand??? Vs say a secondhand Sony F5 that you could easily buy for the same price, which has the handy Sony FZ mount. 

19 minutes ago, Rob Bannister said:

Now with the Terra comes global shutter and 15/13 stops in a smaller body. I want one so I really hope none of you do so I get one faster.

Do you think the Terra 5K is more appealing than the Terra 6K? (plus it is $1k cheaper!)

I'm more interested in the 5k Terra. Size is what I'm mainly looking for. I don't use my kinemini 4k as much as I'd like. I'm going 5k cause of the global shutter and the option to use rolling for more DR. 

The kinemax has more resolution and higher DR at reduced resolutions.

This is what I like about kinefinity. You can have this, or this with trade offs etc. Awesome

I pre ordered the 5k one .

If you shoot music video/fashion, you need clean slow mo and there is nothing else in the price range. It s basically a red epic MX ++ for 5kusd ...

It s more compact/light than blackmagic , color science is better than panasonic/sony/blackmagic (you should play with the DNG they provide and the image is great , I was amazed by how much you can recover on the landscape/lake shot).

There is a shoot comparing multiple cameras from GH4 to alexa and the tester said that the kinefinity images where the closest one to red/arri from the lot.

And the mount system look great , that mean you can get fast zoom easily with the focal reducer.

I understand that because it s a unknown Chinese company, people are skeptical and if it was their first camera I probably would not have pre ordered it .

But if you look at Dji , they are also a Chinese company and they have great product .

Maybe I m optimistic but I assume that a company would not release a product inferior to their previous release especially for a camera.

I mean the kine mini is cheaper and the image quality is already good enough for me so I hardly see why the quality would be lower than that .

The selling point is the slow mo /mount/form factor for me.

Also I m living in Japan and I will get one delivered in china, so I will get the basic pack for 5600 usd with no extra charges .