Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Eh, kinda missed that bit where it's about 2015 (Q4).

But I guess because they couldn't reach that goal (hey, sounds kinda like BMD practices), atleast they'll now give the FW Update for free for those who were anxiously waiting for it.

3 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Eh, kinda missed that bit where it's about 2015 (Q4).

But I guess because they couldn't reach that goal (hey, sounds kinda like BMD practices), atleast they'll now give the FW Update for free for those who were anxiously waiting for it.

How is 4-30-2015 Q4? That's the beginning of Q2.

Not the article date, but the roll-out of implementation as per the article (which I now have checked, for which I appologize not having done before)...

'This will tentatively scheduled for Q4 2015 – but like all development announcements this may slip'.

17 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Not the article date, but the roll-out of implementation as per the article (which I now have checked, for which I appologize not having done before)...

'This will tentatively scheduled for Q4 2015 – but like all development announcements this may slip'.

Until it's approved by Apple... it's not. End of story.

Sure. Although still, the list doesn't reflect the status of the newly announced cameras and (albeit delayed) firmware upgrade. So, when it will do ProRes (which I don't see why not), I don't believe it will be something shady and unlicenced in there (Chinese infringement practices). I don't see why their claims of giving the user legit ProRes recording shouldn't be true (that it didn't come out in a timely matter that's something different, again kind of Blackmagic practices with the delay... yet you won't question their new cameras recording ProRes right?).

Anyways. There's not really much more to say about that.

8 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Sure. Although still, the list doesn't reflect the status of the newly announced cameras and (albeit delayed) firmware upgrade. So, when it will do ProRes (which I don't see why not), I don't believe it will be something shady and unlicenced in there (Chinese infringement practices). I don't see why their claims of giving the user legit ProRes recording shouldn't be true (that it didn't come out in a timely matter that's something different, again kind of Blackmagic practices with the delay... yet you won't question their new cameras recording ProRes right?).

Anyways. There's not really much more to say about that.

You keep saying "Blackmagic practices", yet Blackmagic is on Apple's list.

None of us know the in's and outs of the negotiations between Apple and Kinefinity. The facts we know are: Kinefinity has been reported to have been negotiating with Apple for two years, Kinefinity put out a press statement that they have official backing from Apple for Prores, Apple haven't updated their website. Apple haven't started any court action against Kinefinity in the 7 months the announcement has been made, or ever, nor made any official statement debunking the press release.

This isn't the pattern of a copyright infringer, for starters, the bogus implementation of Prores has been in the wild for many years, they could have slotted it into their cameras in a very short amount of time, the fact they have taken this long seems to infer that they are following Apple's process. Secondly, Apple have had 7 months to put a stop to this, and yet have chosen not to. This is not the pattern Apple follows with it's legal action, they make public statements very quickly after media coverage, and always aggressively protect their IP.

Occams Razor suggests that Kinefinity are in the process of getting official approval, have not yet got it but have reached the stage where they feel confident in putting it in their marketing material. Apple not disagreeing with their press release suggests that at a minimum, there is a bridge in place that Apple do not wish to burn. (Actually, if this were any company but Apple, OR would suggest that the update to the webpage is sat in some developers TODO list, but I daren't invite the Macocalypse on myself by suggesting that there is nothing special about the company)

Either way, thank-you for keeping nationality out of it after I asked.

1 hour ago, DayRaven said:

None of us know the in's and outs of the negotiations between Apple and Kinefinity. The facts we know are: Kinefinity has been reported to have been negotiating with Apple for two years, Kinefinity put out a press statement that they have official backing from Apple for Prores, Apple haven't updated their website. Apple haven't started any court action against Kinefinity in the 7 months the announcement has been made, or ever, nor made any official statement debunking the press release.

This isn't the pattern of a copyright infringer, for starters, the bogus implementation of Prores has been in the wild for many years, they could have slotted it into their cameras in a very short amount of time, the fact they have taken this long seems to infer that they are following Apple's process. Secondly, Apple have had 7 months to put a stop to this, and yet have chosen not to. This is not the pattern Apple follows with it's legal action, they make public statements very quickly after media coverage, and always aggressively protect their IP.

Occams Razor suggests that Kinefinity are in the process of getting official approval, have not yet got it but have reached the stage where they feel confident in putting it in their marketing material. Apple not disagreeing with their press release suggests that at a minimum, there is a bridge in place that Apple do not wish to burn. (Actually, if this were any company but Apple, OR would suggest that the update to the webpage is sat in some developers TODO list, but I daren't invite the Macocalypse on myself by suggesting that there is nothing special about the company)

Either way, thank-you for keeping nationality out of it after I asked.

Sticking to what we do know... Kinefinity is not listed on Apples approved ProRes list. That's all we do know. And for the record, it makes no difference what Kinefinity claims. If they are not on the list, they are not on the list. This is not an opinion, it's a undebatable fact. But hey, it's your money, roll them dice.

6 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Sticking to what we do know... Kinefinity is not listed on Apples approved ProRes list. That's all we do know. And for the record, it makes no difference what Kinefinity claims. If they are not on the list, they are not on the list. This is not an opinion, it's a undebatable fact. But hey, it's your money, roll them dice.

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

People are getting huffy about Kinefinity not being on the approved ProRes license list and are using that fact as a club to knock anyone who praises the company and their cameras. I think.

If I had the capital, I'd plunk down for one of these today. Looks like an amazing package, and the image off the 6K Kinefinity sensor is just beautiful.