Kinefinity 2016 Nian new product launches

瞿盛龙

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, DBounce said:

That price is for the body only, not a shooting package. 

Which is the same way RED advertises their cameras as well (plus many other companies too, Sony/BMD/etc).

However....  accessories / add on / batteries / media are all *HEAPS* cheaper for the KineFinity system than the RED ecosystem!

8 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Which is the same way RED advertises their cameras as well (plus many other companies too, Sony/BMD/etc).

However....  accessories / add on / batteries / media are all *HEAPS* cheaper for the KineFinity system than the RED ecosystem!

Yes, but I know who Red is. KineWho? Like I said, trying to hang with the big boys without any rep is not gonna fly. BTW, do you have one on order?

1 minute ago, DBounce said:

Yes, but I know who Red is. KineWho? Like I said, trying to hang with the big boys without any rep is not gonna fly. BTW, do you have one on order?

yes 'kinewho' in your marketplace maybe, but here in china - the 2nd largest film industry in the world, yes china is all over these guys, they are like sony and arri here. massive industry uptake in this china market. which as you can imagine is absolutely massive.. these guys have their hands full just catering to the local market in a huge way. 

19 minutes ago, Tony Anastasi said:

yes 'kinewho' in your marketplace maybe, but here in china - the 2nd largest film industry in the world, yes china is all over these guys, they are like sony and arri here. massive industry uptake in this china market. which as you can imagine is absolutely massive.. these guys have their hands full just catering to the local market in a huge way. 

And?

From the decent footage I've seen from the Kinefinity cameras, I think it has one of the best images on the market. 

These new Terra cameras almost sound perfect, so what's the catch? (yes, they come from China and only have HD Videoshop in Berlin for distribution in Europe). 

The features look great, but i'm mostly impressed with the weight/size. 

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. 

2 hours ago, Tony Anastasi said:

Where can we see some footage? I'd like to see some more examples in a pro setting.

2 hours ago, Tony Anastasi said:

Indeed, I browsed a few Chinese language forum threads and the response over there is HUGE. It is like when an announcement is made on reduser.

Maybe this is a reason why they're so poor at catering to the western world? They're already flat out at max capacity just trying to keep up with their local market demand??

42 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

Where can we see some footage? I'd like to see some more examples in a pro setting.

It's really hard to find professional footage for these cameras.

Most stuff I've seen is vastly overexposed/underexposed, graded badly, lit badly, shot badly or a combination of these. 

I remember seeing a short film shot on the Kinemini 4k, and the the image quality was outstanding - like you'd expect from a theatrical feature release. But I can't find it ANYWHERE. 

Found this on the Kinemini 4k though: 

3 hours ago, DBounce said:

Yes, but I know who Red is. KineWho? Like I said, trying to hang with the big boys without any rep is not gonna fly.

A Scarlet-W base package plus PL mount plus side handle plus a few extra MINI-MAGs will be getting up to nearly three times what the equivalent KineFinity would cost. Not always an option to just go out and do, spending that much coin.

However on the flip side of this is the big issue for KineFinity that no client (outside China, as it seems within China they're gaining a solid rep already) would ever specifically request it.... but you'd often get a RED explicitly requested. Thus from a business perspective it can be tough for it to make financial sense to purchase a Scarlet-W, even though it costs nearly 3x as much.

BTW, do you have one on order?

Nah, when it comes to owning cameras I'll try to see if my Sony PMW-F3 / BMPCC can last me out for another couple of years, going to resist spending any more money here that I don't need to do. And then when I do upgrade it will likely be to a secondhand Sony FS7 or F5. Or maybe a secondhand URSA Mini 4.6K or KineFinity Terra 6K, and I'll certainly keep my eye out for more user reviews of these two over the next couple of years. 

But as much as I'll try to resist buying any more cameras.... I feel certain I'll have moments of weaknesses! Quite likely at sometime during 2016 I'll buy a cheap 4K camera such as the NX1. And next month I plan on buying half a dozen action cameras for a 360 Video rig. Plus I'm currently mucking around with a cheap 20 megapixel point and shoot, and if I get the scripting working on that, I plan on buying half dozen more of those point and shoots for a photogrammetry rig. 

Plus as well as being a video professional, I'm a casual hobby photographer and wouldn't mind indulging myself with a Nikon D750 and FujiFilm X100 one day! (one can dream, but film needs take priority over hobby wants)

So yeah, looks like I have my hands more than full with cameras to buy at sometime!

28 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

A Scarlet-W base package plus PL mount plus side handle plus a few extra MINI-MAGs will be getting up to nearly three times what the equivalent KineFinity would cost. Not always an option to just go out and do, spending that much coin.

However on the flip side of this is the big issue for KineFinity that no client (outside China, as it seems within China they're gaining a solid rep already) would ever specifically request it.... but you'd often get a RED explicitly requested. Thus from a business perspective it can be tough for it to make financial sense to purchase a Scarlet-W, even though it costs nearly 3x as much.

Nah, when it comes to owning cameras I'll try to see if my Sony PMW-F3 / BMPCC can last me out for another couple of years, going to resist spending any more money here that I don't need to do. And then when I do upgrade it will likely be to a secondhand Sony FS7 or F5. Or maybe a secondhand URSA Mini 4.6K or KineFinity Terra 6K, and I'll certainly keep my eye out for more user reviews of these two over the next couple of years. 

But as much as I'll try to resist buying any more cameras.... I feel certain I'll have moments of weaknesses! Quite likely at sometime during 2016 I'll buy a cheap 4K camera such as the NX1. And next month I plan on buying half a dozen action cameras for a 360 Video rig. Plus I'm currently mucking around with a cheap 20 megapixel point and shoot, and if I get the scripting working on that, I plan on buying half dozen more of those point and shoots for a photogrammetry rig. 

Plus as well as being a video professional, I'm a casual hobby photographer and wouldn't mind indulging myself with a Nikon D750 and FujiFilm X100 one day! (one can dream, but film needs take priority over hobby wants)

So yeah, looks like I have my hands more than full with cameras to buy at sometime!

You see, I'll agree it looks interesting, but making the move from interesting to taking out my checkbook are to different things. I'll pass, unless prices become such that it's worth the gamble to me. I suspect this is the sentiment of most people here.

5 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

It's really hard to find professional footage for these cameras.

Most stuff I've seen is vastly overexposed/underexposed, graded badly, lit badly, shot badly or a combination of these. 

I remember seeing a short film shot on the Kinemini 4k, and the the image quality was outstanding - like you'd expect from a theatrical feature release. But I can't find it ANYWHERE. 

Found this on the Kinemini 4k though: 

Well, did you look here? http://www.kinefinity.com/support/downloads/shots/?lang=en

15 hours ago, bootsie said:

Yes... some great stuff there to see though. 

There's a thread on RedUser about the Terra - bloody hell some of those guys probably wear pyjamas with the Red logo on them. Lots of negativity towards Kinefinity. Insane. 

16 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Yes... some great stuff there to see though. 

There's a thread on RedUser about the Terra - bloody hell some of those guys probably wear pyjamas with the Red logo on them. Lots of negativity towards Kinefinity. Insane. 

Hahaha, most probably. That forum is a dick sucking contest to rationalize spending 40.000$ on a camera and still being a 40 years old men with no clue about image making.