PETITION TO KEEP SAMSUNG NX PRODUCTS ALIVE!

Matthew Hartman

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sadly I think this may be a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted. Samsung have shown a complete lack of interest for some time in the photographic field, phones and Galaxy devices exempt of course, and I don't see any signs of them reversing this decision.

About 7 or so years ago, when I still worked in retail while at university, I saw Samsung consistently looked over in favour of other brands and I think Samsung gradually lost interest, from a business perspective as a result. It's very unfortunate that they chose to release their two best cameras, that both had a chance of selling well, at a time when they had the least faith in making a profit in that market.

Silver linings though, I picked up a new NX1 in December for £700 and I'm very happy with It as a spare body. There's a great deal of potential in this camera, that now may be fully realised by new firmware from the excellent "hacking" community. The only real issue I have now is a reluctance to invest in NX lenses, due to the complete impossibility of remounting the lenses. As a matter of fact, the NX mount itself isn't that great, it's inability to take focal length reducers due to its distance from the sensor being one of the largest. 

48 minutes ago, Calum MacPhail said:

The only real issue I have now is a reluctance to invest in NX lenses, due to the complete impossibility of remounting the lenses. As a matter of fact, the NX mount itself isn't that great, it's inability to take focal length reducers due to its distance from the sensor being one of the largest. 

Feels like it should be the other way around - the large flange distance would (and has been a factor) prevent me from buying the camera, because I couldn't use a lot of glass on it but should I already own one then buying the NX lenses would be fine for me because of the flange distance as they could be adapted for a great many other cameras

34 minutes ago, DayRaven said:

Feels like it should be the other way around - the large flange distance would (and has been a factor) prevent me from buying the camera, because I couldn't use a lot of glass on it but should I already own one then buying the NX lenses would be fine for me because of the flange distance as they could be adapted for a great many other cameras

Ha sorry, I confused that sentence a bit, I didn't mean it had the largest flange distance, I meant that the way the NX mount was designed, as opposed to say E-mount, was one of the NX systems largest issues.

There's a few excellent lenses for the NX system and I intend to pick up a few of the primes (if I can get them for a reasonable price), both for autofocus and unlocking the wifi capabilities, but I'm reluctant to pay the money for the 16-50 and the 50-150, if I'll only ever be able to use them on the NX system. 

7 hours ago, DayRaven said:

Only if you don't need aperture control or autofocus or manual focus. The lenses are controlled completely per wire, would only work with a smart adapter (which clearly no one will make).

Guys, let's keep this topic focused on getting signatures, even if it proves to be too late. At least we collectively spoke out instead of simply letting Samsung's market researchers be the only voice at the table. We need as much signatures as we can get. Please feel free to share the link as you see fit.

Thanks guys

And could the moderators please pin this topic so it doesn't get buried?

On 27/03/2016 at 1:27 PM, Matthew Hartman said:

If you like Samsung NX products and want Samsung to keep them alive sign the petition below and have your voice heard!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/samsung-keep-nx-alive

EVERYONE here. Organisations like change.org and ipetitions.com and what not else are just useless fraud organisations that most likely share your personal details for money and then indirectly spam you for life.

I had an issue withan organisation once, and I trolled the CEO on Twitter (apart from giving them mouthfuls on FB andmany othwr places), and the matter got resolved at lightening speed.

I believe the ONLY way to get back the NX Cameras is to Suggest to Samsung to FIX whatever minor issue are there with the Camera (Including having an H.264 option) and get a ProRes version, and let it return as NX2.

If we createa Huge FB and Twitter presence, Samsung will Definitely doa Re-Think. If push comes to Shove, we could make videos of Destroying Samsung Handsets and Products, and have a #Boycott_Samsung_until_they_Reintroduce_NX1 Page. Hehehe.

Those always work better. Hahaha

The cost to continue production of the NX lineup > The potential revenue + the cost of losing all existing NX costumers

No amount of petitions or social media presence is going to change this formula witch is what samsung is looking at. If I were samsung I would be doing the same thing.

It is a shame tho the NX1 is an amazing camera. One that I have been using for over a year now and hope to use for another year or two depending on what the other camera offerings are in a year.

Personally I am kinda holding my breath for the GH5. I kinda miss the ergonomics of my GH2. I am kinda worried about going back to a smaller sensor tho but anywayy I have another year to think about it.