Predictions for NAB 2016???

mkabi

We will be seeing a few 4k cameras for $1000 or under being announced...making many people who just bought an A6300 feel a little uneasy. Craft camera is one of the intriguing cameras yet to come: http://comingsoon.craftcamera.com/?kid=90WTC

Apart from that, NAB 2016 will be the year of 360 cameras,VR systems and HDR monitors...and the big players announcing 6-8k cameras that will have no firm release date. 

In a nutshell, this is the worst possible time to buy a new camera, as whatever you buy now will very become very 'old hat' on April 16th (I you care about such silly things).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, Hans Punk said:

We will be seeing a few 4k cameras for $1000 or under being announced...making many people who just bought an A6300 feel a little uneasy. Craft camera is one of the intriguing cameras yet to come: http://comingsoon.craftcamera.com/?kid=90WTC

Apart from that, NAB 2016 will be the year of 360 cameras,VR systems and HDR monitors...and the big players announcing 6-8k cameras that will have no firm release date. 

In a nutshell, this is the worst possible time to buy a new camera, as whatever you buy now will very become very 'old hat' on April 16th (I you care about such silly things).

I think it's High Time someone gave some Competition to Black Magic. They have very interesting products, especially their BMCC. I would like some other people to make versions of that. All under 1k and with RAW and ProRes. And hopefully, ones that deliver within a year from announcement. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

For those others here that are interested in 360 Video... 42 BMMPCs!!!!!

http://360designs.io/product/eye-vr-camera-full-3-axis-package/

Eye.jpg

I get where they are going with that, but how do you carry that without being part of the footage. I thought that they could use a jib/crane, but that crane and operator immediately becomes part of the footage.

2 hours ago, mkabi said:

I get where they are going with that, but how do you carry that without being part of the footage. I thought that they could use a jib/crane, but that crane and operator immediately becomes part of the footage.

now we are talking!

17 hours ago, sanveer said:

I think it's High Time someone gave some Competition to Black Magic. They have very interesting products, especially their BMCC. I would like some other people to make versions of that. All under 1k and with RAW and ProRes. And hopefully, ones that deliver within a year from announcement. 

I don't know if its able to be done.  I mean, I'm curious what their profit margin is.

17 hours ago, Hans Punk said:

yea but then it takes a year after its introduced at NAB to come out, and another 6 months to fix the camera so it works.