NX1/NX500 Hack Test Footage

TheRenaissanceMan

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22.9.2016 at 6:04 PM, cojocaru27 said:

hey guys, please find below my first serious attempt of shooting with samsung nx1. It's just a travel film but i wanted to be more like a manifesto for the people in Nepal that stood straight before a cruel fate. Did my best to put the edit together and to grade the footage the way i saw it. Comments are much welcome 

That was quite amazing, I liked the videography it had the documentary vibe to it, the colours however were the nicest did you shoot this in Gamma DR? 

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks,

i have allways DIS on when i work handheld.

the entire video was shot in this mode(only the pan is on tripod), the downside is when you go to near to an object,

you have a similiar effect that make the warp stabilizer(distortion on the second layer if have small Dof).

But all in all is a nice combo with this lens i love it :) 

When maybe a hack make possible to shot 4k50p on this cam, that where a dream !

44 minutes ago, omega1978 said:

Thanks,

i have allways DIS on when i work handheld.

the entire video was shot in this mode(only the pan is on tripod), the downside is when you go to near to an object,

you have a similiar effect that make the warp stabilizer(distortion on the second layer if have small Dof).

But all in all is a nice combo with this lens i love it :) 

When maybe a hack make possible to shot 4k50p on this cam, that where a dream !

You use DIS instead of OIS ???

59 minutes ago, omega1978 said:

no, DIS is additional to OIS.

the lens has stabilisation(OIS) and you can add digital stabilisation(DIS) in camera.

OIS alone is not good enough for video work, for stills is great

Personally I don't liken to use DIS as it can be unpredictable with its stabilization artifacts. I did a quick side by side comparison one time and I'm pretty sure the digital crop lowers image quality very slightly. But nice looking footage man!

@kidzrevil I think the OIS is pretty good on the 16-50s all throughout the range. Not the absolute best ois I've used in a 24-70 equivalent zoom but it works good for nice natural looking shots.

39 minutes ago, shanebrutal said:

Personally I don't liken to use DIS as it can be unpredictable with its stabilization artifacts. I did a quick side by side comparison one time and I'm pretty sure the digital crop lowers image quality very slightly. But nice looking footage man!

@kidzrevil I think the OIS is pretty good on the 16-50s all throughout the range. Not the absolute best ois I've used in a 24-70 equivalent zoom but it works good for nice natural looking shots.

Yeah I don't need the shot to look completely locked down, just need to get rid of the micro jitters. As long as it can accomplish that its good in my book ! How's the manual focus on it ???

11 minutes ago, omega1978 said:

the RS in 4k without DIS is extrem for handheld.

manual focus is fly by wire and very long.the touch focus is more intuitiv, also for focus pulls...

Remember though, you can change the sensitivity/throw of the lens in the settings from very long to very short, that's the only way I can handle manually focusing this lens. It's certainly far better than canon's STM implementation in my opinion, manual focussing feels far more substantial with the S-Lens, which is nice.

My 2 cents

OIS on the 16-50 is good, nothing really to write home about but on par with what you would expect from a "professional" lens. For photos you can easily get sharp photos 1/30 at 16mm and 1/50 at 50mm but I wouldn't really push it much further than that. I have never really notice the effects of lens stabilization in video most likely because I never shoot below 1/50.

DIS I found to be quite useful when I was using a makeshift dolly and sliding a tripod across a table lol.

OIS combined with DIS seams to work really well with a glidecam. But I cant really speak to how it compares to real 5 axis IBIS witch from what I have heard is amazing for steadycam shots.

5 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Yeah I don't need the shot to look completely locked down, just need to get rid of the micro jitters. As long as it can accomplish that its good in my book ! How's the manual focus on it ???

As everyone else said, its pretty nice. The focus ring feels really solid and being able to adjust the sensitivity in the camera menu is great.

Also, I just picked up the 45mm 1.8. Really nice lens as well. Much cheaper build though. Glass is nice and sharp.

1 hour ago, MountneerMan said:

One thing that is worth noting is at least on my 16-50 S the weight of the glass will zoom the lens when held facing down witch i find annoying but manageable. anyone else have this issue?

Hmm, must be some copy-to-copy variation, or maybe you just use yours a lot more than mine and it's loosened up a bit over time, because mine's nice and tight, easy to move, but stays exactly where its at.