Samsung hack forum for discussion of all cameras not just NX1

Andrew Reid

5 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

I second this! I'm very interested in 2.5K with high bitrate on the NX500. How do you set the higher bitrate in this mode?

There's an option in the resolution part of the Vasile hack menu that lets you change the VGA mode of the camera to 2.5k, than look at the following chart to make the appropriate changes to bitrate. I haven't really tested the 2.5k much myself, I heard it was prone to aliasing more, but supposedly doesn't have the noise reduction problem at higher ISOs that a lot of people complain about with the NX1, so who knows, YMMV. If you do a sweet test, share it with us!

nx-patch.png

• 7 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, Geoff CB said:

I had the camera and that mode enabled, I certainly regret not testing if more for people interested in it's quality.

Sounds like you weren't in love wtih the 2.5k image. I've heard reports it's plagued by moire, aliasing, and skew. You've mentioned before it was a clean image with good motion cadence. able to elaborate?

5 hours ago, Brian Luce said:

Sounds like you weren't in love wtih the 2.5k image. I've heard reports it's plagued by moire, aliasing, and skew. You've mentioned before it was a clean image with good motion cadence. able to elaborate?

Didn't experience any of those problems when I had it. Lack of DR and form factor are what made me return it.