Samsung hack forum for discussion of all cameras not just NX1

Andrew Reid

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank to Kino Seed on dpr, here is great mod pack for nx500 with MENU for all options, so no more need for editing files to change settings!

There are some key-combination changes:
EV+...
AEL: immediate hibernation
UP: load UP profile
DOWN: load DOWN profile
Half-Press-Shutter: focus pull
mobile: telnet
EV: Main Menu

#############

Main Menu
- video birtates
- custom functions
- profiles
- settings
- hibernate
- sleep

Video Bitrates
lists all set bitrates, and allows for changing them persistently
(that means settings are kept even after camera restart)

Custom Functions
- focus stacking
- focus buttons
- batch recording (continuous recording)

Profiles
save/load UP or DOWN profile
save/load FullBackup (all camera settings)

Settings
- Silent Shutter (nx500 only)
- VGA to 2.5K (nx500 only)
- Uninstall Mod

NOTES:
- for the moment this mod utilizes only the BT-patch (loading from Sdcard)
- "checkbuttons" used for nx500 are not "holding" the preset values at the moment
- options / buttons starting with a "-" are not yet implemented

How to install:
1) start with a clean memory card (no files)
2) unzip the contents of the zip into the root of the sdcard
3) put card in camera, and restart
x) to uninstall mod - from custom menu> settings> Uninstall Mod

Download link

I've tried this one on NX1, it installs OK but does not apply any settings yet, need some bug-fixing. I think in nx500 it must work great. though. Please try it and share experience

Guys, here the news. Kino Seed from dpr is kindly take my help offer and I did remote debugging of this mode for NX1, which is new for me, so it takes loooong time, poor Kino Seed :)

About this mod-pack release and NX1 compatibility which I can confirm for now, all without manual camera reboot, i.e. on-the-fly:

Record limit on/off (resets after every reboot)
Setting up bitrate for current mode
Setting up bitrate for any video mode in menu
Hibernate and Sleep mode
Custom functions - focus and batch
Saving and loading profiles
Saving and loading full backup settings

Also - functional key-combinations, like EV+MOBILE for telnet, it's just perfect actually

It's all must works fine as in nx500, as in NX1
Bonus upgrade: while I did the bitrate test of this mod, my SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB Class 10 UHS-I U1 95/90 MB/s allows me easily go with 210 (!!!) mbps.

So. naturally, now I am confirming, that NX1 (probably nx500 with same or better sd-card) with this mod-pack is ready to shoot with 200 mbps bitrate. It's still needs more testing to explore possibilities, but so far I record like 10 videos from 10 seconds to 4 minutes, without any issues. So, use this mod to expand possibilities of nx500 and NX1, and please leave a feedback here or on dpreview

Hi outerbeat and thanks to you and Kino Seed for your great work,

Newbie here, I installed the 1.25 version of the mod recently, Do I have to uninstall 1.25 and install the mod-pack release? Or do I have to replace the scripts folder only?

Thanks again

3 hours ago, TILT said:

Newbie here, I installed the 1.25 version of the mod recently, Do I have to uninstall 1.25 and install the mod-pack release? Or do I have to replace the scripts folder only?

All versoins the same - just clean the sd-card and install new one :)

Hi all. I've been reading these forums since I used Canon cameras. So FOREVER. I have a pair of NX1s I've eliminated the clip time limits on successfully. I'm attempting to install Vasile's bitrate hack script. It's ineffective for me (doesn't seem to work, no green dots etc.) Forgive my ignorance. Is there a specific post that outlines the procedure? I've erased the "#" in the line of code below my chosen bitrate and saved the file. No dice.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Laser Blue said:

Hi all. I've been reading these forums since I used Canon cameras. So FOREVER. I have a pair of NX1s I've eliminated the clip time limits on successfully. I'm attempting to install Vasile's bitrate hack script. It's ineffective for me (doesn't seem to work, no green dots etc.) Forgive my ignorance. Is there a specific post that outlines the procedure? I've erased the "#" in the line of code below my chosen bitrate and saved the file. No dice.

Thanks in advance.

Use Kino's mod pack, its in the link above your comment.

Hi again. I followed the installation intructions for the Mod Pack. My NX1 is unchanged. I formatted the card to ExFat. Copied the .zip file to the card and unzipped. That left the folder "NX-KS" and the "NX-KS.zip" file on the card. I inserted the card into the camera and switched the camera on. No green dots on startup. Camera behaves as it always has. Do I need to drag the contents of the NX-KS folder to the root level so that scripts and the info.tg files are at root, or just leave them in the NX-KS folder? Should I delete the NX-KS.zip file before inserting the card into the camera? Is there a button sequence I need to press after rebooting the camera? Down-OK-up-OK-right-EVplusOK? What am I doing incorectly.

I had previously installed the NX-DEV.adj file and eliminated the recording limit.

Can anyone specifically guide me through the process please? Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Laser Blue said:

Hi again. I followed the installation intructions for the Mod Pack. My NX1 is unchanged. I formatted the card to ExFat. Copied the .zip file to the card and unzipped. That left the folder "NX-KS" and the "NX-KS.zip" file on the card. I inserted the card into the camera and switched the camera on. No green dots on startup. Camera behaves as it always has. Do I need to drag the contents of the NX-KS folder to the root level so that scripts and the info.tg files are at root, or just leave them in the NX-KS folder? Should I delete the NX-KS.zip file before inserting the card into the camera? Is there a button sequence I need to press after rebooting the camera? Down-OK-up-OK-right-EVplusOK? What am I doing incorectly.

I had previously installed the NX-DEV.adj file and eliminated the recording limit.

Can anyone specifically guide me through the process please? Thanks.

Just put files from zip archive to sdcard root, there are three of them - info.tg, install.sh, nx_cs.adj and "scripts" folder, 4 items overall

Put sdcard in camera, turn it on, wait to install BT-mod, after that it restarts and now you just turn on the bluetooth in camera, wait the "version 1.XX" message and you good to go, in some cases last step goes very fast so you can operate as soon as camera turns ON. Press EV+OK and the hack menu appears

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, i have read almost all the posts regarding the nx1 hack and i still don't get something right. Maybe you can explain me better. I wonder how good is the 2.5k mode with the new bit rate at 200mbs (i hope i got it right). How is the rolling shutter and the moire at this rez and bitrate compared to the 4k? Is it better? there is any footage i can have a look over? i searched on youtube and vimeo but couldn't find something at 2.5k.

And the new firmware update coming from samsung delets or blocks the hack? there is any work aorund this new firmare if i buy the camera updated already?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2016 at 8:59 AM, cojocaru27 said:

Hey guys, i have read almost all the posts regarding the nx1 hack and i still don't get something right. Maybe you can explain me better. I wonder how good is the 2.5k mode with the new bit rate at 200mbs (i hope i got it right). How is the rolling shutter and the moire at this rez and bitrate compared to the 4k? Is it better? there is any footage i can have a look over? i searched on youtube and vimeo but couldn't find something at 2.5k.

And the new firmware update coming from samsung delets or blocks the hack? there is any work aorund this new firmare if i buy the camera updated already?

I second this! I'm very interested in 2.5K with high bitrate on the NX500. How do you set the higher bitrate in this mode?