BMMCC and URSA 4.6K finally shipping!

cojocaru27

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I understood it as the feature has been scrapped from plans.

He didn't talk anything about the BMMCC. No global shutter anymore so basically a BMPCC that changes screen for bigger batteries and has a 60fps mode.

To be honest I think it's kind of disappointing that the scrap one of the highlight features without any impact on price... but then they've probably calculated so close to cost and burned so much in development that the prices have no additional margin to compensate.

2 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

found no footage coming from a micro cinema, wonder why? i would have loved to see a raw out of the camera without any compression added by vimeo or youtube.

It will with 99% probability look exactly like BMPCC footage. People were discussing about the possibility of improved moiré, less infrared pollution when using NDs, etc. but I think if that would be the case, BMD would have milked that marketing cow.

1 minute ago, Phil A said:

It will with 99% probability look exactly like BMPCC footage. People were discussing about the possibility of improved moiré, less infrared pollution when using NDs, etc. but I think if that would be the case, BMD would have milked that marketing cow.

still, they talked only about mini ursa as if micro doesn't exist at all. nothing. and the footage is missing. strange after all the buzz that this small camera created.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, silvertonesx24 said:

Are CFast prices dropping yet? I haven't followed them but a quick check on Amazon shows me that they're still stupidly expensive relative to SSDs

They dropped a lot. Down to  $100 for a 64GB and  $380 for a 256GB. Compared to when they where new thats a big drop.
And last summer they cost about the same as the SD cards for the BMPCC when it was new. So I wouldn't worry about it, it can only get cheaper.

Wow, way to break trust of your product launches in the future.

"It will be 4.6K with global shutter! *If we can get it working*"

It's still a great camera, but they really need to stop over promising like this. Also in this video they should have stressed how good the rolling shutter is, it does look great even handheld so the rolling shutter is good compared to competition. 

Also it looks like the mount to get is PL because it can be removed, and that means 3rd party adapters for Nikon and other mounts.

49 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

If the URSA mini has lost the Global Shutter, thats one thing. But if the Micro has lost it... then I see Zero reasons to by it unless you are a drone shooter or in desperate need for slowmo.

I have to agree. The only thing you get with the BMMCC against the BMPCC is the 60fps and the better battery but as a trade-off for losing the screen. That camera could have been a big success last July but seeing how it took them until now to basically just move the BMPCC sensor in a different body, that's kinda weak. Most people will fare better with a used BMPCC for half of what a new BMMCC costs... but maybe I'm speaking just out of disappointment.

It's 28 weeks later... the zombie cam has arrived... but we'll see in a few weeks what they announced for "July".