I think my NX1 is defective, now what?

sandro

I was testing out high iso raw stills in the dark and I noticed that I always get two different blue lines at high ISO at the bottom of the image always in the same position. The same lines I get when recording video from iso 3200 that I've been reporting and that some people don't see. Also my 18-200 is doing weird things since it misses focus for stationary objects too much (back or front focusing) and when used continuously it causes "freezes" in the EVF while I zoom in and out... sometimes it completely stops working and the camera won't shoot at all. So I'm sending both to warranty...my question is we all got that lenses are replaced all together since they don't repair them...what will happen with camera body though? Will it replaced as well even if they're discontinued or they will try to fix it or give me a refurbished one?

Anyway does anyone have the problems I described with both the camera and lens?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 4 months later...

So about the issue I now have time to sent it to warranty. Do you confirm this sensor is defective?
I bumped the blue level to make it more relevant. It's always at the bottom left. In homogeneous dark scenes you can you clearly see they are too lines.

ahs5Gmu.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guys no good news, kinda.

The service center just called me and said they can't repair the sensor cause they don't know if they'll ever get the part or a new NX1 to give me as a replacement. So they offered me a full refund. Problem is if I accept it I'm out of options since I can't get a new one (not being sold anymore) and I can't find a valid substitute for the same money. Basically either i keep the defective product or I lose it. What would you do? :(

They screwed me!

I dont know what other samsung gear you have currently but I would maybe try and push back to get a refund for your other lenses as they are now useless to you than consider this as your chance to get out of the system at a really good price.

Disclaimer to all the fan boys. I plan on keeping my NX1 until it dies then putting it up on the shelf as an important camera history relic. I think the NX1 will be a great part of camera history with a great story that I witnessed first hand.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sandro said:

Well guys no good news, kinda.

The service center just called me and said they can't repair the sensor cause they don't know if they'll ever get the part or a new NX1 to give me as a replacement. So they offered me a full refund. Problem is if I accept it I'm out of options since I can't get a new one (not being sold anymore) and I can't find a valid substitute for the same money. Basically either i keep the defective product or I lose it. What would you do? :(

They screwed me!

If you're getting a full refund seems like a good offer from them

Surely this allows you to buy an NX1 from eBay. They're still around.

Well the options are two:

- get the refund and buy a used one, like getting a half refund for the trouble

- get the refund and switch model, but to what? The only one that comes close (in terms of price of course) is the sony a6300 but i will lose the ergonmics, problem with overheating (still happening?) and weird colours. In return I get an exceptional low light performance which I hated about the nx1... I wouod finally be able to shoot above 1600 and beyond without worrying about getting a point and shoot look :) And also of course a system still alive!

Very confused...

a6300 is a no go if you are a NX1 user. Everything (except ISO as you mentioned) will be much worst. Maybe you can try Fuji, or GH5. Panasonic seems like the best bet right now, especially with the 12-60mm kit.

How much is the refund, and where did you send it? Did you have the warranty and receipt?

3 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

a6300 is a no go if you are a NX1 user. Everything (except ISO as you mentioned) will be much worst. Maybe you can try Fuji, or GH5. Panasonic seems like the best bet right now, especially with the 12-60mm kit.

How much is the refund, and where did you send it? Did you have the warranty and receipt?

GH5 could be an option but If there's no advantage in low light there's no reason for me to add money for the switch and "downgrade" to m4/3.

Fujitsu is interesting, what model and kind of money are we talking about? Weak points?

The refund is €1350 (body only) and it's in Milan right now.

44 minutes ago, sandro said:

GH5 could be an option but If there's no advantage in low light there's no reason for me to add money for the switch and "downgrade" to m4/3.

Fujitsu is interesting, what model and kind of money are we talking about? Weak points?

Hey Sandro. Check the Panasonic G80 and see if it suits you. I have one and i love it. Andrew reviewed it. Btw...take the refund!! :)

1 hour ago, sandro said:

Well the options are two:

- get the refund and buy a used one, like getting a half refund for the trouble

- get the refund and switch model, but to what? The only one that comes close (in terms of price of course) is the sony a6300 but i will lose the ergonmics, problem with overheating (still happening?) and weird colours. In return I get an exceptional low light performance which I hated about the nx1... I wouod finally be able to shoot above 1600 and beyond without worrying about getting a point and shoot look :) And also of course a system still alive!

Very confused...

It is unfortunate, but if the size is right for you, there is no other camera that comes close in terms of the overall ergonomics, build quality and image quality package. The only other cameras that I have handled that feel as comfortable in the hand are the smaller consumer DSLRs, such as the Rebels, but those tend to made of plastic and usually have unfortunate IQ/performance relatively speaking.

It is a real shame that Samsung got out of the market, the NX1 hit most of the buttons for me, and you can just imagine what an NX2 would have been like if they had polished the line up even further.

57 minutes ago, sandro said:

What is your indented use?

We have some recent threads comparing Fuji and NX1, X-T2 and X-T20 are your only Fuji options.

It is difficult to find something similar to NX right now, ticking so many boxes.

Don't underestimate the GH5, is a reliable workhorse, Panny cameras really work.