C100 MkII - Setting Audio In Through The 3.5mm Mini Jack?

User

For the C100 users, I'm trying to find a way to control my audio levels when inputting audio through the 3.5mm mini jack without the top handle (audio controls) attached to the camera. I looked in the menu and everything is greyed out. Also, I figured it would be possible to assign this to a custom button but can't make that happen either. Anyone?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great Zach. Thanks! Love this community.
And a question about audio, if I may? During a previous shoot, I ran the wireless receiver into the 3.5mm jack. The signal came in very hot so I attenuated the receiver to -25 to knock things back to a reasonable level, but I'm wondering if the quality of the audio would have been higher if I would have lowered the input volume in the camera (via your method) instead of via the wireless -25 attenuation. Any thoughts?
Thanks again Zach.

The answer to that one is "it depends" but typically, its best to get the strongest signal from the source possible, and turn down the preamps in camera as much as you can. Typically due to the fact that the preamps built into cameras are (while not bad in the C100's case) not the greatest.

That being said, it is possible to over modulate the source if the transceiver/receiver is too hot. Just kind of one of those situations where you need to spend some time playing with different combinations of settings to see what sounds best.