Free way to use luts with FCPX

BrorSvensson

Hey! Im currently finishing editing a short film and are about to do the final grading, im working in fcpx and have film convert but the looks there just aren't matching what im going for. I got some VSCO luts which i would love to use but i dont know any free way of using it with FCPX, and yes i've unfortunately already used up with my trail period on color finale on a earlier product.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

LUT Utility (integrated in Color Finale) is available as stand alone plugin for $29:

http://www.colorgradingcentral.com/lututility/

I get everything free, because I roundtrip to Resolve. But if I was ever to grade in FCP X completely (which I did, using the trial period of CF), I would then buy CF and Coremelts SliceX+TrackX:

By the way: SliceX is free now, it's then only limited to rectangular or oval shapes. Wicked, because with FCP X's own new mask tool and TrackX you could Mocha track your CC masks in the fashion showed above (EDIT: well, I think not, but anyway, the combo Slice/Track makes sense).

For me, CF came too late. I had already learned to make minor adjustments with the simple color board and to move to Resolve if that didn't suffice. In Resolve, adding nodes and organizing them is a smarter way to grade step-by-step than changing the order of effects in inspector, where the need to constantly scroll up and down bothers me. Free Luts, free tracker.

If you actually remember when you downloaded the trial version of Color Finale, you can simply set back the clock of your computer manually to the date you downloaded the trial version and it'll work again. It's a fantastic product and of course I strongly advise to support them by purchasing their product, but still, this will work. 

Thanks for the advice everyone! Im defiently getting color finale when i have the money.

9 minutes ago, Mozim said:

If you actually remember when you downloaded the trial version of Color Finale, you can simply set back the clock of your computer manually to the date you downloaded the trial version and it'll work again. It's a fantastic product and of course I strongly advise to support them by purchasing their product, but still, this will work. 

this is exactly what i needed though haha, thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, BrorSvensson said:

Hey! Im currently finishing editing a short film and are about to do the final grading, im working in fcpx and have film convert but the looks there just aren't matching what im going for. I got some VSCO luts which i would love to use but i dont know any free way of using it with FCPX, and yes i've unfortunately already used up with my trail period on color finale on a earlier product.

I think LUT Buddy from Red Giant is free. 

26 minutes ago, benymypony said:

To load a LUT into FCPX, The LUT Loader plugin by Pixel Film Studio is free : http://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/plugin/fcpx-lut-loader

EDIT : The website seems offline, so please find attached the plugin in ZIP.

Pixel Film Studios - FCPX LUT LOADER 1.4.zip

Thanks for the zip! I was looking at there website earlier with no succes.