What will Cinema EOS lineup be after NAB 2016?

photographer-at-large

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, photographer-at-large said:

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-cinema-eos-c500-price-drop-to-9999-coming/

Where should C100 Mark II and C300 Mark II be priced to better compete with Sony and Blackmagic?

Anyone know what C500 Mark II specs will be?

I doubt the c500 will be released this year. I think they're are gonna wait until 8k technologies evolve to be competetiv with RED.

• 4 weeks later...

'Oddity' seems like the right choice of words... :confused:

Except for the fact that it's got Dual Pixel AF, there to me seems more sensible choices like the BMMCC, Kinefinity Terra... as a purchase or going for a rental with the ARRI Alexa Mini.

There’s no display and not even an option to record internally, instead the camera offers HDMI and SDI outputs to mount external recorders or EVFs.

Kinda kills the point of the Canon ME200S-SH as a gimbal/drone camera if you have to add on a heavy external recorder instead of going internal.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm hoping for a 1DC mk II.... Same spec as 1DX mk II, but with 10 bit and log, for an extra $2k or so.

ps - Canon just released this little oddity:

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/04/13/canons-me200s-sh-cube-camera-a-c100-mkii-in-your-pocket/

ME200S-SH-2-up-600x338.png

ME200S-SH-featured-16x9-716x403.png

This camera is the "winner" so far for overpriced Canon products. Insanely high price. 

7 minutes ago, Ivanhurba said:

It's an overpriced s35 version of the BMMCC but with better ISO. 

ISO means nothing when you;re limited to the ef mount and a sensor smaller than what the ef mount and native lenses were originally designed for.  the bmmcc has a theoretical native iso of 2500 with the bmpcc speed booster, and pretty much the same fov when the same lens is used.  So it's an inferior lightweight option compared to the bmmcc in every single way

10 minutes ago, richg101 said:

ISO means nothing when you;re limited to the ef mount and a sensor smaller than what the ef mount and native lenses were originally designed for.  the bmmcc has a theoretical native iso of 2500 with the bmpcc speed booster, and pretty much the same fov when the same lens is used.  So it's an inferior lightweight option compared to the bmmcc in every single way

Must have been cool having a prototype to test

16 minutes ago, richg101 said:

Who needs a prototype.   it's a c100mk2 without recording or monitoring.  They've told us that.  We know the size.  Logic tells us everything we need to know.  

And it's not far off the price of the new 1DX II. 

There's also the DJI X5R to compete against here. That's a very interesting camera - keen to see what happens in the pistol grip gimbal market. 

57 minutes ago, richg101 said:

Who needs a prototype.   it's a c100mk2 without recording or monitoring.  They've told us that

By "they" you mean some blogger?

I'm not sure what this camera is about, seems bizarre, but usually wise to not jump to conclusions with canon paper specs.

Saying the BM beats it on every level is naive at best...