Sound Mixing/Editing - where do you usually get all the audio?

Aidan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Foley (always capitalize 'Foley" because it's from his name. Otherwise the audio engineers send old gross fruitcakes to your house.)

Foley is a NIGHTMARE to try to do with pre-recorded sound effects.
Sure - it's completely possible - but it takes a horribly long time to do as compared to just grabbing a mic and doing the Foley yourself. And it's tedious. VERY tedious. And no matter how big your collection is - 95% of it won't work for whatever that project in front of you today is.

Get a book on the art of Foley, and then invest in enough junk to do it yourself. WAY easier and actually FUN.

Thanks Stewart,
Don't want any troubles with old gross fruitcakes)
Are yoy from AZ? I lived in Tempe for almost a year.

Maybe there is a link for some sort of database?

I usually get some of my audio sound from http://freesound.org/

There sometimes stuff I won't be able to make myself, like moody stuff for the shot transitions. Something like that

10 hours ago, DPStewart said:

Foley is a NIGHTMARE to try to do with pre-recorded sound effects.
Sure - it's completely possible - but it takes a horribly long time to do as compared to just grabbing a mic and doing the Foley yourself. And it's tedious. VERY tedious. And no matter how big your collection is - 95% of it won't work for whatever that project in front of you today is.

It's like trying to cut together a film where every shot was filmed on a different camera. Recording your own Foley will give a consistency that using pre-recorded sounds won't. With that being said, many filmmakers are pretty weak when it comes to the incredibly complicated world of sound and may do better just to grab sounds from a library. 

For sounds that aren't necessarily supposed to come from the real world (musical ambience, pads, whooshes, etc) using libraries can yield perfectly fine results. I've used pond5 for corporate stuff, plenty of good sounds for transitions, etc.