My first music video shot on A7SII is finally released!

Oliver Daniel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Dude that was awesome this shows that you don't need some expensive raw recording camera to have a good looking music video. I love technology but when story gets me i forget all that. Only thing i can comment on is editing there are some cuts where its to fast specially at beginning i would hold not have so many cuts but that is me. Good work on all front

UK Beaches my few quote from snatch

Avi: Shut up and sit down, you big, bald fuck. I don't like leaving my own country, Doug, and I especially don't like leaving it for anything less then warm sandy beaches, and cocktails with little straw hats.

Doug the Head: We've got sandy beaches...

Avi: So? Who the fuck wants to see 'em?

It's a pity I can't see it. Instead this:

Youtube.jpg

"Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music that we couldn't yet clear with GEMA" (German society for music copyright)

Tried stealthy in Firefox, but it's connecting for minutes now. And I thought China had restrictive internet laws ...

• Administrators

That was a little gem dude, loved it.

Watched it finally behind the GEMA Wall of Berlin (VPN - Tunnel Bear, highly recommended, I use it for Amazon prime as well)

I enjoyed it in a pulpy comic way which I think was the intention, the characters look great, love the choices made in shooting this. The edit is a pacy one, keeps the energy level up but I would have done something else with the pace I think, maybe give it an evolving shape from start to finish.

Loved the idea, but the placements of the cassettes and some of the props is a bit too 'clean', I'd have liked to have seen more dirt and mud on them.

Loved the seagull shock-horror mouth open towards the end, best seagull acting i have seen for a while :)

Camera did well, looked almost too clean and crisp for the grubby seaside location and retro angle you had on it. What lenses?

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Axel said:

The tramp reminded me of the album cover of one of my favorite bands:

220px-JethroTullAqualungalbumcover.jpg

How did you find that guy? 

We were pretty lucky. The original treatment depicted a "troubled and lost fisherman", yet a casting agent sent us this guys details, as he actually lived in the town where the video is shot. The idea developed into a more darkly comic take as this guys face inspired it to be that way. Plus we had a free tour guide which saved loads of time! 

46 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

That was a little gem dude, loved it.

Watched it finally behind the GEMA Wall of Berlin (VPN - Tunnel Bear, highly recommended, I use it for Amazon prime as well)

I enjoyed it in a pulpy comic way which I think was the intention, the characters look great, love the choices made in shooting this. The edit is a pacy one, keeps the energy level up but I would have done something else with the pace I think, maybe give it an evolving shape from start to finish.

Loved the idea, but the placements of the cassettes and some of the props is a bit too 'clean', I'd have liked to have seen more dirt and mud on them.

Loved the seagull shock-horror mouth open towards the end, best seagull acting i have seen for a while :)

Camera did well, looked almost too clean and crisp for the grubby seaside location and retro angle you had on it. What lenses?

Lenses were Sigma 18-35mm (at 35mm), Samyang 14mm, Helios 44-2 85mm and Sony Vario-Tessar 24-70mm (gimbal). 

We spent a lot of time on the grubbiness, but couldn't damage the tapes/recorder as they were on special hire. Pre-production was only 2 days due to a very tight turnaround, so we did the absolute best we could. If we had more money and time, some parts would be a bit different and elaborate. Considering, everyone was really pleased with the results. 

This shoot restored my faith in the A7SII and Sony cameras. I wasn't let down and loved how Slog2 soaked up that seaside. I still want better colour but the most important thing is that the camera didn't get in the way and allowed us to shoot effectively, be creative and tell the story the best we could in such short time. That's priceless, and something we should all think about when shooting anything, beyond the technical nitty gritty. 

P.s I have many more videos that are unreleased shot on A7SII, they seem to be very slowly trickling out from the artists this year! 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Looks very good.... I think you have used some of the flaws in the Sony to your advantage to get a cold, desaturated look.

The edit is really nice. that seagull!

The seagull is the favourite with everyone who has seen it. The acting by the little dude was superb!