5D3 raw at the ZOO

kgv5

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Colors and dynamic range look great.. ML is still such awesome quality compared to the compressed codecs on these consumer cams.  A few shots seemed a bit dark but other than that looked very well exposed.  I assume you uprezed to 4K to get the better YouTube compression?  Resolution and detail really holds up well.

Thanks, i love 5d3 with ML and i am shocked how easy it is to shoot now - i edited this clip entirely straight from two 128GB CF sandisk cards with two usb 3.0 card readers, used MLVFS so I even didnt have to copy anything to HDD. Just inserted full cards, "mounted" via old version of PC MLVFS and almost instantly opened in  resolve 12. Fast CC, exported as 10bit DNxHD444 1080p, cut in premiere and exported as 4k h264 - 4k, exactly as you said - just for youtube better 1080p quality.

Auto ETTR feature is very helpful. I always try to capture everything in highlights and than raise the shadows to the overall good brightness level. And than sometimes add some contrast to give more punchy look. Sometimes it is also needed to use neat video in resolve to clean it up a little bit but denoising is really great with raw footage, it retains great amount of details as there are no compression artifacts.

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2016 at 10:49 AM, kgv5 said:

Thanks, i love 5d3 with ML and i am shocked how easy it is to shoot now - i edited this clip entirely straight from two 128GB CF sandisk cards with two usb 3.0 card readers, used MLVFS so I even didnt have to copy anything to HDD. Just inserted full cards, "mounted" via old version of PC MLVFS and almost instantly opened in  resolve 12. Fast CC, exported as 10bit DNxHD444 1080p, cut in premiere and exported as 4k h264 - 4k, exactly as you said - just for youtube better 1080p quality.

Auto ETTR feature is very helpful. I always try to capture everything in highlights and than raise the shadows to the overall good brightness level. And than sometimes add some contrast to give more punchy look. Sometimes it is also needed to use neat video in resolve to clean it up a little bit but denoising is really great with raw footage, it retains great amount of details as there are no compression artifacts.

HI 

I"m trying to the same trick with directly importing from MLVFS to Resolve. I do simple color correction and try to export to proress 420 but the render are getting mega slow: approx 4h for 10min footage. When I copy to hdd and try it, it works fine. I tried with 3 different usb3 UDMA 7 readers but it"s the same. 

I use latest macbook pro 15 and davinci resolve studio 12.Any ideas why it"s so slow ?

What CF reader are you using? 

Thanks!