NX1 people: Buy the samsung charger!

homestar_kevin

Man this thing is nice! 

If you haven't already, grab one.

So much nicer than the charger that came with my amazon/off brand batteries

Definitely feel dumb for waiting this long to get one

I got mine from a place on ebay for $26 shipped.

Learn from my mistake

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The one I'm referring to is the samsung official BP1900 charger, so for the nx1, yes.

Here's a B&H link for it at $30

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081860-REG/samsung_ed_bc4nx03_us_charger_for_ed_bp1900_battery.html

But you can get it many other places if you search around for samsung bp1900 charger, or the model number which is ED-BC4NX03

I have this charger as well, it came with the "pro" kit.

I have it elastic-banded to a 20,000mah battery pack and what I do is just continually rotate one battery charging in my bag and one battery in the camera. By the time the battery in the camera is almost dead the battery in the charger is done so this give me constant mobile power for ~3-5 days of filming (I don't tend to film long 10+ min clips so I only go through ~2 batteries/day)

I do wish this charger was USB 3.0 as it would charge the batteries alot faster.

I really want to buy a few more NX1 batteries before they become extinct but I have never needed more then two so they tend to be the first thing I cut from the shopping cart when I go to check out and realize I have >$500 worth of gear and all I was originally planning on buying was a new microphone lol. But I really should get some more batteries If i hope to keep using my NX1 for another 3 years.

EDIT: This is the battery pack I have if you were wondering http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=pe_386430_121528420_TE_dp_2

35 minutes ago, SR said:

I noticed something strange with this charger during a recent trip to shoot. The batteries charged a lot faster (about two to three times) when plugged into my laptop than when it was plugged straight into a wall plug. 

Check the amp rating on your wall wart. USB can range from 1.5A - 5.0A(i think).

I just got mine this past weekend, but have only used it into a wall plug.

Very nice to know, and it makes sense, that it can charge via USB like that. Very handy.

For me it is exactly like a canon/nikon charger, which is awesome and worth the money since it doesn't come with the camera to begin with.

Mountneer man, I also know those shopping cart blues :)

16 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

I have this charger as well, it came with the "pro" kit.

I have it elastic-banded to a 20,000mah battery pack and what I do is just continually rotate one battery charging in my bag and one battery in the camera. By the time the battery in the camera is almost dead the battery in the charger is done so this give me constant mobile power for ~3-5 days of filming (I don't tend to film long 10+ min clips so I only go through ~2 batteries/day)

I do wish this charger was USB 3.0 as it would charge the batteries alot faster.

I really want to buy a few more NX1 batteries before they become extinct but I have never needed more then two so they tend to be the first thing I cut from the shopping cart when I go to check out and realize I have >$500 worth of gear and all I was originally planning on buying was a new microphone lol. But I really should get some more batteries If i hope to keep using my NX1 for another 3 years.

EDIT: This is the battery pack I have if you were wondering http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=pe_386430_121528420_TE_dp_2

I feel you...  last night I just wanted to buy an AC tool bag for $35, and now I've got $165 sitting in my B&H cart as I debate if I should pull the trigger or not!

I definitely purchased the samsung charger for my NX1 when I bought the camera in early January. With news that Samsung might pull the plug on its camera production I decided to get one before accessories went extinct for it, also purchased 3 back up OEM Samsung batteries while I was at it. Great tip.

Okay...I don't follow. What makes the OEM charger better?

I got 2 of these for $17 each. So I have two extra batteries AND two extra chargers.
http://www.amazon.com/ED-BP1900-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger-Samsung/dp/B00T7GYAUY

They're working just fine so far.

I'm sure it's possible that the OEM is better. But can you describe exactly how? Thanks!

Yeah - once I realized the NX1 could run off of a USB power feed... gee THAT'S handy. Now I'm surrounded by batteries!

I have three of those off brand ones as well and that's what I've been using since buying the camera.

They do hold the battery fine and charge it. They work fine, but just in general I really prefer the samsung one.

The batteries actually sit in the charger and are held by it much better than the fit is in my off brand ones and since the cord is separate from the charger, there's no play or issues getting the charger to get up and running.

And yes, the USB thing is awesome. I didn't even know realize that until getting it.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm very happy I grabbed one.